At least this didnt happen at our spring game

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
there is NO reason kids need to be that close to any FB game.

-keep.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Must be practicing some new moves for the Colorado game. Poor kid. That was a hard hit, they are lucky he wasnt killed.

Last edited:

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
they showed this saturday night during the sports cast on denver's NBC affiliate... the anchor (rob mackey, formerly of KGAN in CR) made some chime about "What we're about to show may be difficult to watch" or something of that nature.. but they go ahead and show it anyway. Honestly, I thought it was poor taste for them to show it. I'm sure his parents were happy that all of colorado and now the nation have seen it.

ajjohnson

Sep 25, 2006
they showed this saturday night during the sports cast on denver's NBC affiliate... the anchor (rob mackey, formerly of KGAN in CR) made some chime about "What we're about to show may be difficult to watch" or something of that nature.. but they go ahead and show it anyway. Honestly, I thought it was poor taste for them to show it. I'm sure his parents were happy that all of colorado and now the nation have seen it.

Maybe his parents should have used better judgement in the first place!
Shouldn't the parents face a charge of neglect or endangerment? How stupid can you be to let that young of a kid stand right next to the field alone?

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
It was the Colorado State Spring Game, not University of Colorado.

I get irritated when people refer to ISU as "Iowa". I was just pointing out that it was the CSU spring game where this incident took place, not CU.

Golden Rams, not Steamy Buffalo chips.

Sorry for the confusion of my initial entry........

Last edited:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Maybe his parents should have used better judgement in the first place!
Shouldn't the parents face a charge of neglect or endangerment? How stupid can you be to let that young of a kid stand right next to the field alone?

HEY! Stop that!

It is not the parents responsibility to protect the well being of their children, we all know this is a blatant problem with college football. The parents should be suing the univerity, the ncaa, both the qb and receiver for 1/2 of all future earnings. Also sue nike for providing the footballs as well as scotts for making the grass that the game is played on!

It takes a village man, it takes a village!!!

Grrrrrr

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
If you are talking to me, i meant practicing for when they play colorado. My bad.

It was the Colorado State Spring Game, not University of Colorado.

Last edited:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
HEY! Stop that!

It is not the parents responsibility to protect the well being of their children, we all know this is a blatant problem with college football. The parents should be suing the univerity, the ncaa, both the qb and receiver for 1/2 of all future earnings. Also sue nike for providing the footballs as well as scotts for making the grass that the game is played on!

It takes a village man, it takes a village!!!

Grrrrrr

Sue the goalpost too. If it would've been in the corner of the end zone rather than placed illogically in the middle - this never would've happened...

Johnny8

Oct 18, 2006
Ames, IA
Wow, I can't believe anyone can be dumb enough to leave their 4 year old alone that close to the endzone. I mean come on! This is D1 football baby! This isn't intermurals!

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
he was participating in a football festival thing on the sidelines with the other kids, Something the university was holding, if anything the university should catch hell, but that is horrible, thank god the kid wasnt seriously injured

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
Did anyone else think it was Pitifull that they were clapping for the reciever when he was running back onto the field, like they were glad he was OK, as the little boy was still probably bleeding and crying.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Did anyone else think it was Pitifull that they were clapping for the reciever when he was running back onto the field, like they were glad he was OK, as the little boy was still probably bleeding and crying.

from what I understand the player and team trainers were both very concerned for the boys well being immediately after the incident. Even in the short clip the player responds quickly when he realizes the boy was beneath him.

this was a fairly random event - lets not condemn the parents too quickly. It was a terrible hit, but no one meant to set this up, the day was meant be oriented to the kids. Its a blessing the child was alright.

I'm guessing the clapping was either the realization the kid was moving, or not realizing the kid was hurt.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
You guys that are blaming the QB, the receiver, the ref, the coach and the goalpost. What are you thinking??????? You clearly are missing the biggest culprit... the football was the only one who clearly knew where to lead the reciever into that poor child. Sue that pigskin with that satanic attitude. I'll bet they could win millions if they sue Mr. Pigly and better yet it will deflate his ego.....:growl5cj:

Seriously though, thank God he wasn't hurt a WHOLE LOT WORSE then he was..

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
from what I understand the player and team trainers were both very concerned for the boys well being immediately after the incident. Even in the short clip the player responds quickly when he realizes the boy was beneath him.

this was a fairly random event - lets not condemn the parents too quickly. It was a terrible hit, but no one meant to set this up, the day was meant be oriented to the kids. Its a blessing the child was alright.

I'm guessing the clapping was either the realization the kid was moving, or not realizing the kid was hurt.
I think the clapping was for the player for his quick reaction to the situation and the concern he showed for the little boy after the collision. I think it was meant as a gesture of good sportsmanship by the fans who were there, so I'm okay with it.

I saw a follow-up story on the Denver news, and the kid seems to be doing really well. His family got a call from CSU head coach Sonny Lubick and the little boy got some autographed team memorabilia. The University might want to think about throwing in an "autographed" check for about $50,000 if they know what's good for them... :frown3qg: