What's the deal with Bo Williams?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

sdcyfan

May 12, 2006
Rapid City, SD
Really that bad that he's getting beat out by a true frosh?

In trouble?

injured?

Or, which I hope is true, is the coaching staff moving him to defense?

Put your best athletes on defense and let the rest fall into place. :yes: Our LB corp is really thin after this year and could really see him making the 2 deeps if he can tackle at all. Just a thought.

But really......anyone know whats going on here? For a guy who had over 30 different schools offering him when he transfered there has to be something else going on here.:confused:

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
What are the 30 different schools that offered him? Also, how do you know he's the one of the best athletes on the team?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Word is he struggles catching, blocking, understanding what he is to do and doenst always give 100%

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
When Bo Williams plays Oregon Trail his family does not die from cholera or dysentery, but rather roundhouse kicks to the face. He also requires no wagon, since he carries the oxen, axels, and buffalo meat on his back. He can carry more than 100 pounds of meat back to his wagon. He always makes it to Oregon before you.

sdcyfan

May 12, 2006
Rapid City, SD
the 30 schools thing was mentioned when he first transfered here. I think Chizik said it, so who know's. As far as him being the best or one of the best.....I don't know that, but Florida sure thought he was a pretty damn good one and I think they won the Nat'l Championship last year. I don't know?

Apr 30, 2009
When everyschool in the country offers you im going to guess and say that he is a damn good athlete. If they arnt going to play him at RB then switch him to defense and start having him learn the LB roles. We cant waste an athlete like bo just like we did with bates (even tho it was probably stubburn bates who didnt want to make the switch)

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
im questioning why we didn't use bates the same as auburn uses their current backup QB.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
If he doesn't like contact as a RB, then I don't think a move to the defensive side of the ball is really going to matter.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Maybe Rhoads doesnt like his hair :jimlad:...Because Banks does horrible Rhoads is scared to put in Bo and he will think he'll suck in there..Banks is a bad example on the field ha

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Really that bad that he's getting beat out by a true frosh?

In trouble?

injured?

Or, which I hope is true, is the coaching staff moving him to defense?

Put your best athletes on defense and let the rest fall into place. :yes: Our LB corp is really thin after this year and could really see him making the 2 deeps if he can tackle at all. Just a thought.

But really......anyone know whats going on here? For a guy who had over 30 different schools offering him when he transfered there has to be something else going on here.:confused:

our staff is probably doing the same thing with him as with our playbook - not going to reveal until the real season starts! Why show your best stuff against the crap teams we've played so far?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
our staff is probably doing the same thing with him as with our playbook - not going to reveal until the real season starts! Why show your best stuff against the crap teams we've played so far?

Color me shocked you're wrong. Not.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say A-Rob and Schwartz have looked better in practice and therefore are playing.

RossHallHero

Jul 8, 2009
Like most fanbases, we attach ourselves to a player we know nothing about and pin our hopes and dreams on him.

The other RB's have been better so they're playing.

The reasons for that could be many--desire, talent, knowledge of the system, dislike of contact.

Some guys perform great at the combine who were average college players. Some guys stink and the combine and yet find a way to get it done on the field, regardless of the level of the competition.

My guess is we have a guy who has all the tools, but doesn't produce on the field. The coaches see him every day and I'm guessing it's in their best interest to put those on the field who give us the best chance to win.

Since he's not even 3rd string, I'd say he's not close to ever being a contributor, at least in the eyes of the coaches.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Color me shocked you're wrong. Not.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say A-Rob and Schwartz have looked better in practice and therefore are playing.

But even Blankenship is out there before him. He must be in the doghouse if he can't even see 3rd string carries when the #2 has ball security issues.