question is do the isu fans deserve Vette

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

copenhagen

Apr 23, 2007
greetings supposed fellow cyclone 'fans'. How much can u rip a guy n dismiss a IOWA recruit, Mr. Basketball at that? Lets see... a granite chisled, strong as a ox, no fat, 6'9 245pd recruit who can run the floor, shoot the 3, smash down a tomahawk dunk, push players around like ragdolls isnt good enough for you? What player is good enough for you then? Has everyone been so brainwashed by recruiting sites that you cant open your eyes or pay attention to the news? Didnt any of you see or read what he did at the state tourney? He demolished everyone! Grant Stout and Homan were excellent players but i would say Jackson Vroman- Jess Settles is a better comparison. Plus i heard he already is a 3 hr a day weightlifting nut. Sorry for the rant i just got on and was reading old posts. Good grief just be happy we got the steal of the year.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Yeah, I'm not sure what you mean. I was REALLY excited to get Vette. He has huge potential and has gone under the radar. If he played in 4-A and wasn't hurt last summer he would be at least a 3 star if not higher.

Under GMac, Vette can become a special player.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
I think the reason everybody was tough on picking up Vette is because nobody had really heard of him before. I follow Iowa basketball semi-closely and I had only heard a few things about him. The more I got to thinking about it, the more he seemed like a solid recruit. He is 245 lbs which would make him the heaviest player on the team and he is only going to get bigger.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Some were questioning his ability to play Big XII ball but it was only because he was pretty much an unknown to everyday fans, even some recruit-hounds. I don't think anybody here was questioning his desire to play, his ability to learn or his personal characteristics. Those questions that some asked are common to any recruit and were only more pointed due to the nature of the recruit's lack of publicity leading up to his recruiting.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Well, you seem to be either Vette himself or a CF member that created this profile to lay the smack down on the few other members that were not goo-goo over the signing.

Either way...

*fart*

Thanks.

I think Vette will be good for us. :)

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
greetings supposed fellow cyclone 'fans'. How much can u rip a guy n dismiss a IOWA recruit, Mr. Basketball at that? Lets see... a granite chisled, strong as a ox, no fat, 6'9 245pd recruit who can run the floor, shoot the 3, smash down a tomahawk dunk, push players around like ragdolls isnt good enough for you? What player is good enough for you then? Has everyone been so brainwashed by recruiting sites that you cant open your eyes or pay attention to the news? Didnt any of you see or read what he did at the state tourney? He demolished everyone! Grant Stout and Homan were excellent players but i would say Jackson Vroman- Jess Settles is a better comparison. Plus i heard he already is a 3 hr a day weightlifting nut. Sorry for the rant i just got on and was reading old posts. Good grief just be happy we got the steal of the year.

Welcome to CF Clayton. Will you be playing in the Capital City league this summer? Hope you are ready to ball come winter because you will have your work cut out if you expect minutes ahead of Brackins, Jiri, Cory, and Alex. Glad to have you aboard, sir.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Well, you seem to be either Vette himself or a CF member that created this profile to lay the smack down on the few other members that were not goo-goo over the signing.

From the sounds of it, he has a Vette poster hanging over his bed that he fantacizes about each and every night...

copenhagen

Apr 23, 2007
im referring to all the earlier threads from the last few pages i was catching up reading they were pretty tough, also we got another steal with Haluska walking on.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
im referring to all the earlier threads from the last few pages i was catching up reading they were pretty tough, also we got another steal with Haluska walking on.

So, instead of just responding to those particual posts, you decided to create an entirely new thread, telling off everyone that you disagreed with? Why, so those people couldn't respond to what you had to say to their opinion(s)?

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I was just at Vette's facebook. The only thing I didn't like is that he's in the Adam Haluska and Seth Gorney fan clubs. Ugh. Thats gonna have to change.

*Edit: and his e-mail involves the Hawks. Yuck.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I do have to agree that I think Haluska could end up playing a few minutes here and there. He might not be considered a steal but he did have some other D1 offers on the table that he passed on to come to the good guys.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
I was just at Vette's facebook. The only thing I didn't like is that he's in the Adam Haluska and Seth Gorney fan clubs. Ugh. Thats gonna have to change.

*Edit: and his e-mail involves the Hawks. Yuck.

He is also in the "Indiana State Basketball is back" group

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
He is also in the "Indiana State Basketball is back" group

Yeah and he's in the group "F* This.. I'm going to Hogwarts." Thats a great group.

I realize that he hasn't updated it in a while but I'm just saying he's gonna have to fix that Iowa stuff before he gets here. It still doesn't change the fact that I think he'll be one of the best guys out of this recruiting class. He just has to be converted to Cyclonism.:yes4lo:

Last edited:

copenhagen

Apr 23, 2007
cyclone 62 ive been able to read the threads for a couple hrs how can i respond to every thread for the past month?