C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
sports1.jpg
sports1.jpg

Looks like we may have gotten that physical guard that many of us mentioned that we needed. Her Juco numbers look good. She should be a good pick up for Bill and the squad.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Whatever happenned to Desiree Francis. She was mean as hell and could stroke the 3 better than Kobe.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Whatever happenned to Desiree Francis. She was mean as hell and could stroke the 3 better than Kobe.

You're right. Desiree was an athletic inside presence in the manner of Ross, but, could also step out and drop three's in succession. I've lost track of her, the last mention that comes to mind is that she was playing in France, but, that was years ago.

Oldgeezer

Mar 18, 2006
Waukon, Iowa
I hate posts that criticize a recruit that nobody has seen, including the guy doing the posting. Never the less I would have more confidence in a PG that committed as a HS soph from a small town in South Dakota than one that commits as a JC soph from Kansas City. Especially when nobody has heard of either until they decide to play for ISU. Why was Stuckey invisible in Kansas City? I have absolute confidence in Fennelly's ability to evaluate talent, but I still think I have a legitimate question. Anyone have an answer?

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
I hate posts that criticize a recruit that nobody has seen, including the guy doing the posting. Never the less I would have more confidence in a PG that committed as a HS soph from a small town in South Dakota than one that commits as a JC soph from Kansas City. Especially when nobody has heard of either until they decide to play for ISU. Why was Stuckey invisible in Kansas City? I have absolute confidence in Fennelly's ability to evaluate talent, but I still think I have a legitimate question. Anyone have an answer?

I share your concern. The third team hs player in Kansas is not the kind of blue chipper that we would like to get to make us a solid top twenty team. But, BF knows the goals and knows the players and decided this player can contribute. Some players blossom a little latter. Ross, for example, is a solid D-1 player now who may not have been so a year or two ago.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Cyclones.com has a little more on this. Evidently, she is not necessarily a lock to be at the point. This statement from Fennelly suggests the backcourt is wide open. Mossman and Florzak will be in the backcourt mix.

The 5-foot-8 transfer will see time at both guard spots with four-year starter Lyndsey Medders gone and the position unsettled for now.

"She'll play them all," coach Bill Fennelly said. "She's someone we feel we can play with the (point guard) position. We are going to try and use her there."

Oldgeezer

Mar 18, 2006
Waukon, Iowa
Of all the choices subbing for Medders last year, I thought Lacey was the best. She probably isn't strong enough or quick enough to play Big 12 point, but she sees the court well, is an excellent passer, shoots well, and has a great Bball IQ.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Of all the choices subbing for Medders last year, I thought Lacey was the best. She probably isn't strong enough or quick enough to play Big 12 point, but she sees the court well, is an excellent passer, shoots well, and has a great Bball IQ.

I think we need Lacey to play shooting guard or small forward. I agree that Lacey was the best option last year as a sub for Medders but would hate for her to have to play point all year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron