Dibzees.com

professor

May 26, 2006
Coralville, IA
Looks like this website just launched. They actually give you pretty good deals for bids. Hopefully they don't have that many users yet.

Just sharing my insomnia late night browsing website of the night.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I saw a flyer for this on campus today. Not really sure if the site is legit or not.

Spam

May 21, 2008
They have exactly 3 items.....1 of those is their own gift card....this your venture professor? Seems to be an Iowa site.

Last edited:

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Looks like this website just launched. They actually give you pretty good deals for bids. Hopefully they don't have that many users yet.

Just sharing my insomnia late night browsing website of the night.

Looks like bids go up in 10 cent increments and they charge you 50 cents for each bid.

I've seen better terms on a cruise ship slot machine.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
there are other sites like this out there... and linked on this site. basically a cash cow for the owners.

-keep

Spam

May 21, 2008
This has the makings of a scam. They put up their own items, then outbid you, while charging you for your bids. At the end you don't get the item either.

professor

May 26, 2006
Coralville, IA
I just saw that it has an iPod touch and Nintendo Wii tonight. I also got an email from them saying that if you put "hawkeyes" as a coupon code, you get free bids. I've only won at gift card and I received it so I think it's legit. Check it out, it's actually pretty fun haha.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I got an error page? :skeptical:

[FONT=&quot]Sorry for the problem. Hosting issues made the site go down temporarily, sorry again for the inconvenience.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The winners will remain as shown. Thank you, Dibzees Team! [/FONT]

Schfinkter

Dec 3, 2008
Dandy's House
I watched the site for awhile and it is a HUGE SCAM.. like they said it before, they put up their items, they can get a pic of an ipod touch online, set up a computer program to out bid any bid, they make up different user names so it doesn't look like the same person is winning everything and they win their own, "prizes" then put up another "prize". Its genius if you think about it, if i was a betting man I'd say the professor was someone behind it and also that theyve actually never had anyone other than themselves win anything.

Reactions: motorCYcle