Victory Song?

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
My buddy was giving me **** about the Hawkeye's win and played "In Heaven There is no Beer" when I walked into the room, but it got me thinking. Do we have a song that we play after a victory or is it just "ISU Fights" or "For I, For S, Forever?" For the life of me, I can't recall what we do!! And that's sad for going to as many games as I do (football and basketball). Personally, I kind of like when the Hawk Band plays "In Heaven..." unfortuneatley that means they won, so I could do without it. Enlighten me please...

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
My buddy was giving me **** about the Hawkeye's win and played "In Heaven There is no Beer" when I walked into the room, but it got me thinking. Do we have a song that we play after a victory or is it just "ISU Fights" or "For I, For S, Forever?" For the life of me, I can't recall what we do!! And that's sad for going to as many games as I do (football and basketball). Personally, I kind of like when the Hawk Band plays "In Heaven..." unfortuneatley that means they won, so I could do without it. Enlighten me please...

As a band we play Fights with words as the team walks off usually a song from the halftime show for that day and bells. Personally I would like to see the team stay and sing fights and bells with us but that probably won't ever happen, even though many other schools do that even in losses.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Yes, between the third and fourth quarters.

Im not sure if they have to play the song that was voted on, but I was literally praying in between quarters that Sweet Caroline did not win the online vote. Huge sigh of relief.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Im not sure if they have to play the song that was voted on, but I was literally praying in between quarters that Sweet Caroline did not win the online vote. Huge sigh of relief.

I'm sure they have a disclaimer that lets them play "Don't Stop Believing" if we are losing bad.

KLoISU02

Jun 2, 2006
SE IA
After basketball victories the band plays Kool and the Gang's "Celebrate" and "Pfft, You Were Gone" from Hee Haw. At least they did when I was in band during 2002-2006.

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
As a band we play Fights with words as the team walks off usually a song from the halftime show for that day and bells. Personally I would like to see the team stay and sing fights and bells with us but that probably won't ever happen, even though many other schools do that even in losses.

Thanks for the info. I thought that Fights was played. I'm right there with you, I would love to see the team stop and sing the song, maybe to the students? I wouldn't say it will never happen, CPR seems pretty into ISU tradition...

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Thanks for the info. I thought that Fights was played. I'm right there with you, I would love to see the team stop and sing the song, maybe to the students? I wouldn't say it will never happen, CPR seems pretty into ISU tradition...

Ya. If they are so high on school spirit and such this would be a good way of showing and building it no matter the result.

Reactions: LutherClone

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
I remember after the awesome comeback at Kansas State that the team went over to the fans and sang fights. I thought that that was pretty cool. I know Ive heard of a few times that the team has sung it (after the spring game and others) and I think it would be a cool tradition to start