I am just Glad

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
That the members of the Cyclone radio network from John Walters to Eric, to the pregame and postgame guys are classy and down to earth in wins and in losses. Unlike members of the Iowa Radio Network. Talk about an unclassy bunch and pathetic sportmanship and attutide they show towards ISU. To me the whole bunch from Jon Miller, to Jim Zabble, to the play by play guy are ******** and the words they spoke towards ISU in the 10 mins of their shouldoff show I heard where sad and speak alot toward why Iowa fans are they way they are. I also discovered soundoff is almost better after an Iowa win because their fans now act like they should be a top 10 team.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
I second that. Although I don't believe Zabel is an "official UI" announcer anymore and I don't think Miller ever has been. They are a lot more out of touch with reality than Dolphin and Podolak.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
That the members of the Cyclone radio network from John Walters to Eric, to the pregame and postgame guys are classy and down to earth in wins and in losses. Unlike members of the Iowa Radio Network. Talk about an unclassy bunch and pathetic sportmanship and attutide they show towards ISU. To me the whole bunch from Jon Miller, to Jim Zabble, to the play by play guy are ******** and the words they spoke towards ISU in the 10 mins of their shouldoff show I heard where sad and speak alot toward why Iowa fans are they way they are. I also discovered soundoff is almost better after an Iowa win because their fans now act like they should be a top 10 team.

Sorry charlie, Walters did the following 3 things today...called an ISU player stupid, bitched about the no-call on the DJK touchdown, and spent a considerable amount of time ******** about Wegher's knee being down.

Also, Ben Bruns claimed right before halftime that ISU was "dominating" despite being behind in total yardage, 1st downs, etc...and repeated that in the 3rd quarter when Iowa was up 28-3.

herky07

May 31, 2009
california
I disagree. I believe all radio announcers are biased to the team they are payed to cover more. Radio is about ratings bottom line. When a team has success like Iowa did today, all announcers will build the team up to be better than they are. If a team struggles then the best way to keep ratings is to stay positive yet realistic which is what most radio announcers do. It is all about perspective.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I am talking about ripping on ISU its players and its fans. Long after the game was over.

Aug 6, 2006
Is this the type of thing you do to rectify a loss? Figure out different ways to complain about peripheral Hawkeye related stuff? I wish ISU the best of luck the rest of the year. I would have felt this way win or lose.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I agree Kingcy - and I fail to comprehend why Jon Miller gets so much respect and acknowledgement on this board. He's the biggest Hawkeye jocksniffer of them all.

cycloneike001

Dec 14, 2008
Ames
O don't even give me that **** tarheelhawk, after the northern iowa game Dolphin would not stop talking about how pat grace is the best qb iowa will face all year. How do you say that with Ohio St. and Terrelle Pryor on your schedule. He is full of ****

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Get over it, Whitver was doing the same thing on the Cyclones call-in show. Stop acting like that type of thing doesn't go both ways.

I dont think he made a point of saying the fans flipped him off and called him name or that ISU fans drink out of trophs.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
O don't even give me that **** tarheelhawk, after the northern iowa game Dolphin would not stop talking about how pat grace is the best qb iowa will face all year. How do you say that with Ohio St. and Terrelle Pryor on your schedule.

I know right, because Terrelle Pryor looked so awesome tonight. Besides, if Dolph said that, he was right...either that or you think that Arnaud played better today than Grace did last week.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
O don't even give me that **** tarheelhawk, after the northern iowa game Dolphin would not stop talking about how pat grace is the best qb iowa will face all year. How do you say that with Ohio St. and Terrelle Pryor on your schedule. He is full of ****
Wdll, yeah, he has been since the day he was hired, But what's that got to do with ISU?

The guy has a good voice, and nothing else. At least Zabel once upon a time knew the slightest thing about football....

Aug 6, 2006

If anyone said that about Grace it's ridiculous. That said Pryor is not exactly an accurate QB. Clark is likely the best QB iowa will face all year. Heck even Weber may be better than Pryor at playing QB.

RossHallHero

Jul 8, 2009
Each radio team is going to be biased towards their own. It's the way it's supposed to be. They can rip the opponent, poop on their own, etc.

It's all fine as long as you're winning.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, could be a positive for us after this game. If our guy found one, they were lying.

We sucked. Got hammered. Period.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Each radio team is going to be biased towards their own. It's the way it's supposed to be. They can rip the opponent, poop on their own, etc.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, could be a positive for us after this game. If our guy found one, they were lying.

David Sims?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

Sims is an animal

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
FWIW, Pat Grace threw for 450 yards today with 4 TDs and also ran for 3 TDs. And he only played 2 and a half quarters.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I agree Kingcy - and I fail to comprehend why Jon Miller gets so much respect and acknowledgement on this board. He's the biggest Hawkeye jocksniffer of them all.

Ive always wondered why people on this board just love to kiss jon millers butt so much and so hard and for so long!!!

Maybe...Could Be ....Closet Hawk Fans.....

Ernie Godfrey

May 17, 2006
What???? The Iowa guys are homers? Who would have thought that? (Can't say I've ever heard ISU's announcers show bias.:nah:) You know that when you turn them on, why ***** about it? Unless of course, the reason you listen to them is so you CAN ***** about them.