Subbing on defense?

cyfreddy

Oct 15, 2006
Is anybody else curious why we do not sub on defense like we do on offense? With the heat and humidity today, it looked like our defense could use some fresh legs.

cyfreddy

Oct 15, 2006
If your tired players are still better than your backups, what purpose does fresh legs do?

If they are on the depth chart, they should be able to fill in for a few series a game to give the starters a rest. How due you know how they would react given a chance to play, they might come out and have a great game. Tell me what happen's if one of our starter's goes out with a injury, well they be prepared to play? My point, this game was over once we were down by 21 pts, and we were still not subbing on defense.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
My point, this game was over once we were down by 21 pts, and we were still not subbing on defense.

Iowa was up 21 pts and still not subbing on offense. Why send the subs in to get worked over at that point.

b3r3m

Feb 1, 2007
Sorry, but fresh legs are better then no legs. Thanks to our offense our defense was on the field most of the game, and some of those players were totally exhausted.

with our team.... totally disagree.

But at the end Maggitt, Johnson, Lattimer, McConnell all got some nice reps

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I can't figure out why we don't get Schwartz in the game and give ARob a breather now and then?

Schwartz provides a completely different kind of runner that can punish defenses and wear them down. Plus, many times it appears ARob is pretty gassed and could use a breather to keep him fresher.

I always thought that Chizik subbed too often, but I'd actually like to see Rhoads sub a little more. If our WRs need breathers, why shouldn't ARob too? And there has to be a few guys on the D-line we could bring in every now and then to keep our starters fresh. Where was Maggitt yesterday? Parker and Lyle couldn't get any pressure... so why not give Maggitt a chance?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I can't figure out why we don't get Schwartz in the game and give ARob a breather now and then?

Schwartz provides a completely different kind of runner that can punish defenses and wear them down. Plus, many times it appears ARob is pretty gassed and could use a breather to keep him fresher.

I always thought that Chizik subbed too often, but I'd actually like to see Rhoads sub a little more. If our WRs need breathers, why shouldn't ARob too? And there has to be a few guys on the D-line we could bring in every now and then to keep our starters fresh. Where was Maggitt yesterday? Parker and Lyle couldn't get any pressure... so why not give Maggitt a chance?

ARob is one guy we should NOT sub more for. He is too valuable and we need him on the field for as many snaps as possible.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron