Former Coaching staff

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Now that the season is underway, I am curious as to the coaching locations of last year's staff. I thought the previous staff was in way over their heads, particularly on game day when adjustments have to be made. It appeared that the former head coach hired staff that were friends of his and not necessarily experienced at the BCS level, epecially the off. and def. coordinators. Where are they now?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
collecting checks from Iowa State as far as I know. I am sure a few of them took other jobs.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Boulware went to Auburn with Chizik.
Fountain went somehwere in Alabama.
Rodgers (WR) is the WR coach for the Broncos.
Bolt and McFarland are collecting checks as far as I know.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
No they get paid the next calender year. They go year to year. I think we had to pay them one more year of service.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I thought Bolt and McFarland got contracts as well, as coords....

There was an uproar when they renewed McFarlands contract, then demoted him from being OC.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Scott fountain left after recruiting was finished and is at Auburn too.

Wayne bolt is director of FB operations at Auburn now
Auburn names Wayne Bolt to administrative job - The Gold Mine - al.com
i also remember reading(here) that Eugene stuck us in the *** on those hires at Auburn as well. He hired them well below market value and I seem to remember ISU being on the hook for the difference if they got new jobs that paid less. Details are a bit foggy for me on this...anyone remember?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
McFarland and Bolt both kind of got Chizzed with their demotions then Chiz left them high and dry taking the Auburn job. How do you explain in job interviews "well, I got demoted from cooridinator then my boss left so yeah I feel I'm still qualified to be your cooridinator."

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
i also remember reading(here) that Eugene stuck us in the *** on those hires at Auburn as well. He hired them well below market value and I seem to remember ISU being on the hook for the difference if they got new jobs that paid less. Details are a bit foggy for me on this...anyone remember?

I would HOPE there's language in the contracts that would prevent that from happening... but who knows.

Found this for anyone who is interested. Contracts/salaries of old versus new. (towards bottom of link)

2009 June « The ‘Clone Zone

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I'm too lazy to look it up but I was talking to an ex ISU player who played for Danny Mac and still keeps in touch with him. He said Mac is making more at Florida than he did at ISU. Wow

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA

I do believe you are correct but do not remember hearing anything about Gene pulling anything funny.

As far as I remember assistants are usually limited to year-to-year or two year contracts and they are paid out if they do not take another job. However, if they do take a lower paying job then ISU fills in the gap to match their contract salary.

Example being if Bolt makes $100k at Auburn we would still be on the hook for the $140ishk to make up the difference.

Beats full price I guess.

superman_101680

Oct 30, 2006
SW Michigan
I'm too lazy to look it up but I was talking to an ex ISU player who played for Danny Mac and still keeps in touch with him. He said Mac is making more at Florida than he did at ISU. Wow

I can imagine base pay is more but all his extras put him over a million at ISU. I can't believe FL is paying asst coaches THAT much....but who knows!

pulse

Mar 24, 2006

He isn't.

Cystate22

Apr 11, 2006
Reinbeck, Iowa
Yeah, who ever said Dmac is getting paid more as a Dline coach at Florida then the head coach of Iowa State was told some bad info. The last I heard was he gets between 300 and 400 thousand at Florida and got over a million here.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron