AA's performance on thursday.

kcclone33

Dec 15, 2008
Ames
I think most of would agree the Austen did a lot better in the second half compared to the first, and that timing was the biggest problem. But i was wondering if anybody had his stats from the second half to compare to the first half. Thanks.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I think most of would agree the Austen did a lot better in the second half compared to the first, and that timing was the biggest problem. But i was wondering if anybody had his stats from the second half to compare to the first half. Thanks.

I don't but I just wanted to say that he needs to throw higher on those bubble screens. When our WR's have to bend over to catch the ball that is taking away time for them to run, and it just means everybody has to hold their block another second.

Against a good defense with better speed that play is going to result in a loss a lot

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Good question. In the past it was easy to find game stats on cyclones.com, in a text file type of format. Now I don't see it.... frustrating.

-keep

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I don't but I just wanted to say that he needs to throw higher on those bubble screens. When our WR's have to bend over to catch the ball that is taking away time for them to run, and it just means everybody has to hold their block another second.

Against a good defense with better speed that play is going to result in a loss a lot

That's funny. First thing that I thought of was he was throwing behind a number of his receivers, then high on a couple.:biglaugh: Other prolem was the 90mph fastballs being tossed on the 8 yd slant routes.

Basically AA as jacked up for the opener, and his accuracy was off.

I'm not worried about AA in the least.

Sorry - I have no stats.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
So if you want your original answer.
First half = 50% completion and a fumble
Second half = 70% completion

breakdown
First Half:
9 of 18 for 99 yards
0 TD
20 yd longest pass
1 sack

Second Half
7 of 10 for 128 yards
2 TD
42 yd longest pass
0 sack

Rushing wise he had a better first half.
Firtst Half he gained 47 net yds and scored.

Second half he gained 31 net yds and no score.

Cylax51

Apr 8, 2009
Lisbon, IA

breakdown
First Half:
9 of 18 for 99 yards
0 TD
20 yd longest pass
1 sack

Second Half
7 of 10 for 128 yards
2 TD
42 yd longest pass
0 sack

nice breakdown. Did not realize it was so night and day. ARobs looked exactly opposite of AA's.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
If this was a "shakey" game for him then I'll take it. over 300 yards of offense with 3 TDs and no turnovers is not a bad line...

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I would like to see more of the same from AA. Especially the NO TURNOVERS category. If we have at least 1 of those and we will be in trouble against the convicts of EIU.

The Clones just need to take care of business in that category again......and we should have a solid shot at taking this game.....2-0....and get ready for CPR's first road game in week 3.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
Shouldn't you be in class at 9:35?

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
I would like to see more of the same from AA. Especially the NO TURNOVERS category. If we have at least 1 of those and we will be in trouble against the convicts of EIU.

The Clones just need to take care of business in that category again......and we should have a solid shot at taking this game.....2-0....and get ready for CPR's first road game in week 3.

AA had a lost fumble.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008

breakdown
First Half:
9 of 18 for 99 yards
0 TD
20 yd longest pass
1 sack

Second Half
7 of 10 for 128 yards
2 TD
42 yd longest pass
0 sack

I don't know the stats, put pretty much the same as Stanzi. Poor first half and much improved second half. Chalk both up to first game jitters, IMHO.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I don't know the stats, put pretty much the same as Stanzi. Poor first half and much improved second half. Chalk both up to first game jitters, IMHO.

If you watched them both, I felt that Stanzi's misfires were far more dangerous than Arnaud's. He had about 4 balls that should have been picked. I only saw one for AA. Also, don't forget that AA grabbed 80 yards on the ground. I'm pretty sure Stanzi went for negative yards.

When playing against Norm Parker's defense, having a QB who can make plays with his feet is HUGE. We have one of those.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
If you watched them both, I felt that Stanzi's misfires were far more dangerous than Arnaud's. He had about 4 balls that should have been picked. I only saw one for AA. Also, don't forget that AA grabbed 80 yards on the ground. I'm pretty sure Stanzi went for negative yards.

When playing against Norm Parker's defense, having a QB who can make plays with his feet is HUGE. We have two of those.

fixed... :wink: