ISU vs eiu on Dish as of this morning

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
College Football: Scheduled: Iowa at Iowa State.

9/12/2009 11:00 PM College Football: Scheduled: Iowa at Iowa State.

413: MSGPLUS
414: FOX SPORTS ROCKY MOUNTAIN
415: FOX SPORTS ARIZONA
416: FOX SPORTS SOUTHWEST
417: FOX SPORTS WEST
418: FOX SPORTS MIDWEST
419: COMCAST SPORTSNET BAY AREA
420: FOX SPORTS SOUTH
422: SUN SPORTS
424: COMCAST SPORTS NETWORK MID-ATLANTIC
425: FOX SPORTS OHIO
426: FOX SPORTS NORTHWEST
428: FOX SPORTS PITTSBURGH
435: COMCAST SPORTS NEW ENGLAND

I am sure this will change, but pretty good coverage of the USA.

Last edited:

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
You've gotta be joking, I'm in Webster county and I may well miss out, I'm willing to bet I'll have a Gophers game on FSN, if its something like bass fishing I'm going to flip though.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
You've gotta be joking, I'm in Webster county and I may well miss out, I'm willing to bet I'll have a Gophers game on FSN, if its something like bass fishing I'm going to flip though.

It will be on FSN per cyclones.com
Gophers play a night game on Saturday.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I am new to DirectTV this football season...has anyone posted as to whether nor not this game will be on DirectTV? I have the Choice Extra (HD & DVR) plan but the not the additional sports package. Will I have the game at home or do I need to find a place to watch the game?

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Is FSN the channel that was showing the KU game this past weekend? It was not in HD and the video looked horrible! (as posted earlier...I am new to DirectTV this season and still learning the ins and outs of the service)

Lindy

Jun 14, 2006
I'm not real familiar with Clone Zone access. Is this a game that will be shown on that website?

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I am new to DirectTV this football season...has anyone posted as to whether nor not this game will be on DirectTV? I have the Choice Extra (HD & DVR) plan but the not the additional sports package. Will I have the game at home or do I need to find a place to watch the game?

Being in Cedar Rapids, DirecTV likely provides you with Comcast Sportsnet Chicago rather than FSN. Unfortunately the game will not be shown live on Comcast Sportsnet Chicago because of a Cubs game. It will air tape delayed at 12:30 Saturday night.

I'm not real familiar with Clone Zone access. Is this a game that will be shown on that website?

Unfortunately no. I believe the athletic department has said that none of our remaining games this season will be shown live on Clone Zone because of our TV contracts (even if the game isn't on TV).

Last edited:

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Is FSN the channel that was showing the KU game this past weekend? It was not in HD and the video looked horrible! (as posted earlier...I am new to DirectTV this season and still learning the ins and outs of the service)

The KU game was on Fox College Sports. The game this weekend will be on Fox Sports Net (different altogether), which you should get with your DirecTV package (not sure of the channel).

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
The KU game was on Fox College Sports. The game this weekend will be on Fox Sports Net (different altogether), which you should get with your DirecTV package (not sure of the channel).

In Ames (and I'm guessing Cedar Rapids/Iowa City as well), DirecTV gives us Comcast Sportsnet Chicago instead of Fox Sports Net. CSN does simulcast some FSN games, but not all, and our game this week is a situation where CSN Chicago is not carrying the FSN broadcast live. DirecTV subscribers in our area will need the sports package in order to be able to see the game live.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX

As of right now I have the Twins playing on FSN North at noon, I would think it would be the same for all the FSN North carriers. Best bet will be one of the other regions.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I know that in cetnral iowa we(directv) get one fox HD sports channel but i don't know which one. 671 maybe?

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I know that in cetnral iowa we(directv) get one fox HD sports channel but i don't know which one. 671 maybe?

I'll have to double check that when I get home unless someone else can confirm. Anytime I've tried it, I haven't been able to get anything other than Comcast Sportsnet Chicago.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Woops. I guess not. 665 is what i get and they are showing the cubs. I'll wait to decide to add the sports pack once we start having away games that i cna;t go to.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Being in Cedar Rapids, DirecTV likely provides you with Comcast Sportsnet Chicago rather than FSN. Unfortunately the game will not be shown live on Comcast Sportsnet Chicago because of a Cubs game. It will air tape delayed at 12:30 Saturday night.

OK...not the answer I wanted to hear...but I appreciate the info! Guess I will have to go to a bar or a friend's place to watch the game...

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

OK...thanks. I do not think we get FSN at all in CR without getting the sports package. As someone pointed out...we get CSN-Chicago instead.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
In Ames (and I'm guessing Cedar Rapids/Iowa City as well), DirecTV gives us Comcast Sportsnet Chicago instead of Fox Sports Net. CSN does simulcast some FSN games, but not all, and our game this week is a situation where CSN Chicago is not carrying the FSN broadcast live. DirecTV subscribers in our area will need the sports package in order to be able to see the game live.

I did not know that. My wife's parents live in Ames and have DirecTV and they watch Cards games on FSN Midwest just about every day, and I do not think they have the sports package. I thought that DirecTV came standard with your regional FSN. I'm surprised they'd supplant it with CSN Chicago.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I did not know that. My wife's parents live in Ames and have DirecTV and they watch Cards games on FSN Midwest just about every day, and I do not think they have the sports package. I thought that DirecTV came standard with your regional FSN. I'm surprised they'd supplant it with CSN Chicago.

Comcast and Fox have a deal that essentially makes CSN the equivalent of FSN in certain regions, Chicago and the surrounding area included. I'll have to double-check when I get home today, but I've always thought that the only thing I have is CSN Chicago.

I'm not certain which FSN/CSN region Dish carries in our area. I know that Mediacom carries FSN Midwest in Ames/Des Moines and CSN Chicago in Cedar Rapids/Iowa City. For this week, Mediacom will put the game on their Connections channel in eastern Iowa (22 in most areas).