CPR's Teleconference

outcydethebox

Aug 27, 2009
Did anyone else listen to the live teleconference this morning on The Big 12 Network?

I am now even more fired up for the Iowa game! It is so great to hear Coach say that it is such an important game, as opposed to saying that every game is an important game, like you hear from some coaches.

Reactions: jsheajr

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
I don't. While it's nice he is fired up. It is just another game. Some fans need to stop acting like this is the only game of the year. The Big XII is more important.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Rhoads Weekly Media Conference starts in a few minutes on CloneZone. I didn't listen to the Big 12 Teleconference, but we should here some of the same I'm guessing.

jsheajr

Jul 20, 2009
Kansas City, MO
I don't. While it's nice he is fired up. It is just another game. Some fans need to stop acting like this is the only game of the year. The Big XII is more important.
Are you kidding me? "Just another game"? I realize this is not a conference game. However, how can you diminish the importance of an in-state rivalry? Do you not recognize how important a game like this is for recruiting, which is the future of every program's success? Obviously, the majority of both our players and Iowa's players come from in-state. So, if beating Iowa makes an impression on a big-time in-state High School player and he decides to attend ISU over Iowa that is huge for the program.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Are you kidding me? "Just another game"? I realize this is not a conference game. However, how can you diminish the importance of an in-state rivalry? Do you not recognize how important a game like this is for recruiting, which is the future of every program's success? Obviously, the majority of both our players and Iowa's players come from in-state. So, if beating Iowa makes an impression on a big-time in-state High School player and he decides to attend ISU over Iowa that is huge for the program.

exactly. Anyone from EITHER side that tries to deny that this is an important game is either blind or fooling themselves. Especially outside the message board crowd, among more casual fans for both sides this is the biggest game of the year.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!

Amen, brother, amen. It is an important game for one week and one week only. BXII games are so much more important, for obvious reasons. The goal is to win the North and go from there. The Iowa game does not count in that total. However, it is important for our win total and a bowl. If you win the North, a bowl appearance is a given.

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008

While all of the is great in "your" grand scheme of things. I would rather win the Big XII North and get some national attention, and of course if your getting national attention the people in your state probably know too.

However, I guess we shall have to agree to disagree on this one. Nonetheless, I do think this is a big game, but there are 8 others I would rather win.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

Rhoads has repeatedly said that winning in-state recruiting battles for the top players is a key foundation to building the program - the only way you do that is to beat Iowa. Otherwise, we will never be viewed as an equal to them among Iowa preps, and even more importantly, their high school coaches.
Beating Iowa is a helluva lot "more important" than beating Kansas State...

Last edited:

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
Rhoads has repeatedly said that winning in-state recruiting battles for the top players is a key foundation to building the program - the only way you do that is to beat Iowa. Otherwise, we will never be viewed on an equal to them among Iowa preps, and even more importantly, their high school coaches.

To each their own. :eek:

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
While all of the is great in "your" grand scheme of things. I would rather win the Big XII North and get some national attention, and of course if your getting national attention the people in your state probably know too.

However, I guess we shall have to agree to disagree on this one. Nonetheless, I do think this is a big game, but there are 8 others I would rather win.
I would rather win them all, but you can't do that if you don't beat Iowa.

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
I would rather win them all, but you can't do that if you don't beat Iowa.

Well obviously. I am just saying every game is equally important. Not just this one. And half of you wonder why the carp fans say/think we treat it as our super bowl.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Gotta love the media questions to the players.:sad:

1) did you want to play for Iowa
2) did Iowa recruit you

Is it just me or are they looking for a story?

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
Rhoads has repeatedly said that winning in-state recruiting battles for the top players is a key foundation to building the program - the only way you do that is to beat Iowa. Otherwise, we will never be viewed as an equal to them among Iowa preps, and even more importantly, their high school coaches.

disagree. we could lose to iowa every single year, but if we win the north we will still win big recruiting battles.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines

No, it isn't. Having a program that is seen as being succesful outside of the Iowa game is. You folks like to point that ISU has won 7 of the last 11 against Iowa - but for some reason, Iowa has been cleaning up the in-state recruits over the last 3-4 years.

Sustained success in the Big 12 will do more to get in-state recruits than beating Iowa and then tanking the rest of the year ever will.

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
No, it isn't. Having a program that is seen as being succesful outside of the Iowa game is. You folks like to point that ISU has won 7 of the last 11 against Iowa - but for some reason, Iowa has been cleaning up the in-state recruits over the last 3-4 years.

Sustained success in the Big 12 will do more to get in-state recruits than beating Iowa and then tanking the rest of the year ever will.

hate to do it, but i agree with this.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
The next game should always be a big game, for players, coaches and fans. Regardless of whether it's Iowa, the Big 12 championship or NDSU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron