Great home record in 2009

oldglory1

Nov 27, 2006
CR
I wasn't feeling that great leaving the stadium on thurs night but I'm fired up now. We may not get Okie St but the rest are all looking good. 5-1 at home, I'll take it.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I highly, highly doubt it.

I think some people are forgetting how terribly awful we were last season on defense.

oldglory1

Nov 27, 2006
CR
I'm just saying, after seeing IA today...at this point we have a legitimate shot at beating 5 of the 6 teams at home.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I think it's possible, but HIGHLY unlikely. I'm happy with any win we can get at this point - hopefully we can win at least 3 at home but I'm not holding my breath.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I highly, highly doubt it.

I think some people are forgetting how terribly awful we were last season on defense.

I was reminded on thursday how bad our secentary is

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
I'm just saying, after seeing IA today...at this point we have a legitimate shot at beating 5 of the 6 teams at home.

So you're basing our home record for the year on Iowa's performance at their home stadium today? Maybe you could predict our chances against Iowa at home based on their game today, but it would be dumb to use the Iowa-UNI game as the basis for whether or not ISU beats Army, Baylor, Okie State, or Colorado.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm not getting too worked up over this Iowa game, we still have a lot of work to do and you know the Hawks won't forget to show up next week after how they played today.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Fixed. Also remember Smith is somewhat still injured....

ya but when banks let that pass go over his head for a touchdown i was ******, also we need to learn how to catch the ball

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL

I guess I don't follow your logic. How does Iowa almost losing to UNI at home change our chances of winning ANY other game except maybe the Iowa game?

I still think we win 2 of the next 3 games and 1 Big 12 game (probably k-state or Texas A&M) and that is it....and I would be very pleased with 4 wins!:smile:

oldglory1

Nov 27, 2006
CR
So you're basing our home record for the year on Iowa's performance at their home stadium today? Maybe you could predict our chances against Iowa at home based on their game today, but it would be dumb to use the Iowa-UNI game as the basis for whether or not ISU beats Army, Baylor, Okie State, or Colorado.

Nope, I already had my Army, Baylor, Okie State and Colorado predictions. And, based on the opening weekend nothing has changed. IA was the only question mark in my mind and I was not impressed. This is my week 1 prediction and I'm sticking with it.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
After watching Oklahoma State play Georgia yesterday it looks like Dez Bryant will be a challenge for our secondary.

Other than OSU we should run the table at home to go 5-1. That means we need to get a road win somewhere (Kent State) and/or beat KSU in KC for a bowl game.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
After watching Oklahoma State play Georgia yesterday it looks like Dez Bryant will be a challenge for our secondary.

Other than OSU we should run the table at home to go 5-1. That means we need to get a road win somewhere (Kent State) and/or beat KSU in KC for a bowl game.

I would agree with this; 5-1 seems very attainable. No bullies coming into JTS except Okla. State.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
one game at a time, remember ISU won the first two last year and then lost 10 in a row. And this is being based off of ISU beating a D1-AA team by 17??

C

Cyclone42

Baylor isn't afraid of road games. They won AT Wake forest, ranked #30 in the pre-season Sagarin ratings, and ranked #25 in last year's end-of-season Sagarin ratings. (Our esteemed opponent, which we had enough problems with, was #105).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron