James Pollard

cyfreddy

Oct 15, 2006
Anybody know how Jamie's son James is doing? Last I knew he was at Blank.

badgerclone

Dec 16, 2008
Polard not looking good

Saw Polard during the half time show and he was almost in tears. He was refering to a member of his family who has cancer. Anyone know what the scoop is?

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Re: Polard not looking good

Yeah, it was in the game thread.

His son is battling cancer and is in Blank Children's Hospital getting chemo.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007

yeah not sure I'd be doing good if my young son was dealing with cancer. I knew some nieghbors who went through that when their child was young... I'm fortuante enough that i was too young to truely appreciate what it ment for a 5 year old to die of cancer back then :no:

EDIT I Was maybe 9 when the kid was burried in Arlington on Halloween eve

Last edited:

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008

That is too bad. I saw JP and he lost a lot of weight.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

that is to bad for him and his family we can only hope his son pulls through

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona

As a father of an 8 month old daughter, it almost brings me to tears just thinking about that.

CycloneJoe

Jan 12, 2009
Carson City

Man thats sucks about his child that is the worst thing ever

I hope we can all hold back on him

A sick kid is the worst thing a man can face

I want us all to be respectfull

I didnt know that now I am really sorry

Reactions: Angie

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

Lets hope his son can pull through and beat this! Cancer is horrible and I can't imagine having one of my own go through this. I'm definitely keeping the Pollard family in my thoughts and prayers.

RossHallHero

Jul 8, 2009
I've never been a Jamie fan based on what he's done during his time at Iowa State.

Be that as it may, I teared up watching the 1/2 time conversation they had with him when I got home.

I wish Jamie and his youngster the best and hope that the reports of the positive news hold true.

I can't imagine what he's going through and that's not even considering the unbelievable pressures of his job.

Jamie's son should be in all of our prayers and I think it goes without saying that the courage his son has shown is far greater than any of our players that we laud have shown on the gridiron.

I wish he and his family the best and hope for the most positive outcome possible.

Reactions: Angie

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
The sunday before school started he visited marching band practice and brought his sons. He talked some about James and how he loves to imitate the band just as much as Austen Arnaud. James never stopped smiling the whole time they were there.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
Anybody know how Jamie's son James is doing? Last I knew he was at Blank.

Jamie and his son were at the scrimmage that the Gridiron Club was invited to....He looked frail as you might expect for going thru chemo, but that was Aug 15th, 3 weeks ago.

Didn't his battle with cancer start sometime back in 2008, as I recall hearing about it at a winter 2008 WBB game?

Hoping everything goes well for him

Last edited:

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Pollard was on the pregame, and when asked about his son he broke down. It made me very sad.

I wish they wouldn't aske questions like that. The family deserves some privacy.

I really scratch my head why the Lord allows this to happen to little kids...

wiscocyclone

Sep 13, 2007
James had cancer at or within a year of birth, I recall, while JP was still in Madison as Alvarez's Deputy AD. They beat it there and it came back recently. He is at Blank as someone above said. His wife Ellen and the kids are a strong base to fight from; with all of us behind him, Lord willing, he will come back stronger than ever.

Pray for James and know that while JP is emotional, he is also tough enough to handle the tasks of the job and is galvanized from the occasional uunfounded abuse some of the Cyclone Nation throws at him. Maybe, just maybe, you'll consider that unfounded abuse is easy from behind the keyboard. If you wouldn't say it to him in a small group meeting, you might think twice about saying it here.

That same rule does not apply to anything in Iowa City or Ann Arbor. Pour it on.

Reactions: coachdags

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Jamie!! He will pull through!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron