Chicks in a grinder

richey24

Jul 16, 2009
Ames
It was pretty brutal, but I don't see how you could change it and still keep prices and whatnot in check. They need to process a **** load of chicks.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
I dont see it changing anything what are we suppose to do give them a cigarette and a last meal? we raise them for food nothing different than any other animal we raise.

Reactions: Phaedrus

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I had a professor at ISU say he supports PETA... Funny thing.. He had leather shoes on, a leather belt, and always wore wool sweaters..

How does that work???

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I had a professor at ISU say he supports PETA... Funny thing.. He had leather shoes on, a leather belt, and always wore wool sweaters..

How does that work???

I don't think PETA has much of a problem with wool, do they?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Meh these people will attack anything, I have seen alot worse in a hog slaughtering place when I worked there for one brutal summer at IBP. Pretty tame to me

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Grisly video shows chicks entering grinder | GazetteOnline.com

There is a link to the video in the article, I watched it and didn't really see alot that made me upset. Though I can see how the PETA types would find it appalling. That said I don't see the video changing the practices.
The purpose of these types of videos is to play on peoples emotions so they will send in $$$$$$$$$$$ -- It is all about these so called animal activists making money to pay their bills, mortgage, buy a foreign made car, etc. Just like the workers at the plant. By the way I love the smell of BBQed chicken.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

How does that work???

Well, I suppose a case could be made that the sheep exists to produce wool, and harvesting the wool can be done "ethically". And I'm sure the shoes and belt came from the hides of animals that died of natural causes after a much fulfilled and carefree life of roaming the prairie...

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Well, I suppose a case could be made that the sheep exists to produce wool, and harvesting the wool can be done "ethically". And I'm sure the shoes and belt came from the hides of animals that died of natural causes after a much fulfilled and carefree life of roaming the prairie...

Brilliant my friend :notworthy:

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I thought you meant "chicks", as in "women" at first and I was freaked out.

motorCYcle

Jun 18, 2008
Ames, Iowa
Well, I suppose a case could be made that the sheep exists to produce wool, and harvesting the wool can be done "ethically".

But cows need to be milked and vegans can't eat/drink dairy.
BTW, I know you aren't defending it, I'm just pointing this out.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
It is sick and all but they are chickens. They taste good and we need to kill alot of them. Its good to be on top of the food chain.:smile:

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Based on the title I thought there was a new sandwich at Hickory Park. I'm both disappointed and hungry.

Now, to watch the attached video.....

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I in no way support PETA...but that video was somewhat disturbing! None the less, I will continue to eat eggs.