Ames Iowa Dogged on DP show

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
So when asked why Erin Andrews would want to go on Oprah about her nude video that was made in the hotel... The other commentator (not Dan Patrick) says that the reason Erin Andrews is going on Oprah to talk about her nude video is because "she doesn't want to be in Ames, Iowa on a Tuesday night in February doing a side line reporting" and wants to go on to bigger and better things after her ESPN gig runs out... ala Robyn Roberts.

I don't know why he has to dog on Ames... I like being in Ames on Tuesday nights... it's 2fer Tuesday and Kareoke at Paddy's on Tuesday... Great night to be there.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
:rolleyes:

Do we seriously have to take every little thing said on the radio as a personal insult? I'd say most of us would rather be elsewhere on a Tuesday night in February as well - it's freakin' cold most of the time...

Reactions: GoCubsGo

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Clonegrad07 said:
"she doesn't want to be in Ames, Iowa on a Tuesday night in February doing a side line reporting"

He must not think that the Brackins, HB combo on the National Championship team isn't worth reporting.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I don't think it was a dog on Ames at all. He was just saying that Andrews probably does not want to be working as a college sports side line reporter for ESPN for the rest of her life, and they just used Ames as an example of a college town.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
:rolleyes:

Do we seriously have to take every little thing said on the radio as a personal insult? I'd say most of us would rather be elsewhere on a Tuesday night in February as well - it's freakin' cold most of the time...

Have to agree with you here - well said.
Some folks are way too sensitive, and amplify any national "slights" way beyond the original intent...

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
They have been giving Iowa State alot of run lately. Everytime they have a "insert random college" lately they have filled the blank with Iowa State. I don' see that as a slam at all.

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
i would want to be in Ames on that Tuesday night if Erin Andrews is in town. Not to mention that if she is covering our basketball team that is a good sign too.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
They have been giving Iowa State alot of run lately. Everytime they have a "insert random college" lately they have filled the blank with Iowa State. I don' see that as a slam at all.

It does seem like it.

That being said, I wouldn't want EA in Ames on Tuesday nights. Why not every night?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Why would she of been here for that game? It was on TBS. Craig Sager did the sideline reporting!

She worked for TBS before ESPN. They were both working the game. I remember it vividly because she sat right next to me nearly the whole game. We had a nice talk about UF.

Reactions: CP44

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
She worked for TBS before ESPN. They were both working the game. I remember it vividly because she sat right next to me nearly the whole game. We had a nice talk about UF.

Really? I did not know she worked for TBS. That would make sense then!

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
I would also rather be lots of places other than Ames, IA on a Tuesday night in February...unless of course there was a Cyclones home basketball game.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
I would also rather be lots of places other than Ames, IA on a Tuesday night in February...unless of course there was a Cyclones home basketball game.

It's nice and warm inside Hilton!

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
i would want to be in Ames on that Tuesday night if Erin Andrews is in town. Not to mention that if she is covering our basketball team that is a good sign too.

Bingo! I think the guy was implying we are going to be on Big Monday alot in the upcoming seasons, and Erin would rather move to mainstream media vs. covering sports and Big Monday in Ames, Iowa for the ISU-KU games as they battle for the #1 seed in the Big 12 tourney over the next few years...

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
That's funny, you must have sat on the other side of her, we went out for drinks after the game. :cool:

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
They have been mentioning ISU/Ames a lot the past couple of weeks.

Everything from Eustacy, to Bug Light cans, from what I can recall off the top of my head.