Cyclone Alley

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
It's alright but I don't think it can compare to the Dukes or Michigan States of college basketball. It would help tremendously if we didn't sit behind the basket.

Last edited:

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Top 15. If we were on national TV more and got more exposure, I bet we'd be in the top 10. Based on the product we've had on the floor the passed 3ish years, our student section has been great. It could have been a lot worse. When we start winning more games and getting some bigger upsets at Hilton, Cyclone Alley will be awesome.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'd say maybe top 25. There's nothing that really makes CA standout.
With the record we've had over the past 3 years, our students have a great turn out. Yes, it could be better. But, find me 15 more teams with the same record as ours with a student section as big and as rowdy as CA.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I'd say maybe top 25. There's nothing that really makes CA standout.

Agreed. Watch some ACC games - it doesn't matter who they play, the student section is full. If CA wants to be top 10, fill it at every game. Every game needs to look like we're playing Kansas.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Agreed. Watch some ACC games - it doesn't matter who they play, the student section is full. If CA wants to be top 10, fill it at every game. Every game needs to look like we're playing Kansas.

You're probably only watching UNC, Duke, and Maryland games. You really think Virginia Tech, Boston College, and Miami have better sections then us?

Get the wins, which generates excitement, which mean more people will come.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
You're probably only watching UNC, Duke, and Maryland games. You really think Virginia Tech, Boston College, and Miami have better sections then us?

I'm not sure on those particular teams but I'd say we're in that midrange of sections that really aren't different than any of the other ones. This is not taking into account our lack of success over the last few years and I'm sure after our deep NIT run this year and Barnes signing we will see a large increase of students at the games. Hell I may even need to stay an extra year.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

Hard to not watch those teams when they're playing in the NCAA and NIT.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'm not sure on those particular teams but I'd say we're in that midrange of sections that really aren't different than any of the other ones. This is not taking into account our lack of success over the last few years and I'm sure after our deep NIT run this year and Barnes signing we will see a large increase of students at the games. Hell I may even need to stay an extra year.

Definitely. Once this team starts winning, getting back into post season play, and getting some nice upsets at home, our students will start showing up like they used to. I remember when there was a huge line of students waiting to get in hours before the doors opened. If you showed up 30 mins before tip, you were either in the balcony or the last few rows of the parquet. I can't wait for those days to return. :yes:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

I've seen games of those teams, and CA is by far better then them. Are we on Dukes, UNC's, Marylands, KU's, Illiniois level? Certainly not. Could we? Sure. Get the Success and Hilton Magic will be back.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Then you prove my point and another posters point. IF the wins are there, the people will be there, and then we will get more TV coverage. I don't think it's to hard of an equation.

Hilton Magic tends to happen when that place is full. I remember when we beat #20 Virginia, that place was loud and screaming and sure enough we ended up playing the spoiler. That same season we lost to Colorado and Nebraska - people need to go to more games, good things happen!

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Hilton Magic tends to happen when that place is full. I remember when we beat #20 Virginia, that place was loud and screaming and sure enough we ended up playing the spoiler. That same season we lost to Colorado and Nebraska - people need to go to more games, good things happen!

People won't go unless the success is there, you can't count on some people showing out without a reason to go.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Our student section is easily in the top 4 in the Big 12.

Pretty good when our hoops team has been in the bottom 4 so much