Iowa State to increase budget

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
per CR Gazette:

Iowa, UNI expected to cut athletics budget; Iowa State budget to increase | GazetteOnline.com

looks like while UNI and Iowa are expected to cut budgets, over here at ISU we're looking at an increase

Iowa State’s athletics budget will increase by 3.4 percent to $43.3 million. Iowa State expects to see a $1.5 million increase from the alumni foundation, corporations and sponsorships. Most of that money is transferred from ISU Foundation donor pledge commitments to assist in debt service payments for facility improvements.

Reactions: 3GenClone

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
For those of you who criticize and dislike Jamie Pollard, he has given us the opportunity to increase an athletic budget yet again. If you think he has nothing to do with this, then you are mistaken. He has done a fantastic job in getting us the resources to help us become more competitive. I hope he keeps this up and with success on the field/court/whatever, we should be able to compete.

Reactions: Haverhill

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
I am pleasantly surprised and thankful for this news.
It would be interesting to see how other Big 12 schools are doing with budget increase/decrease.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I am pleasantly surprised and thankful for this news.
It would be interesting to see how other Big 12 schools are doing with budget increase/decrease.

I think any University that can have their athletic budget increased is in great shape. The market should be turning around soon, so getting a head of everyone else should be an opportunity that we can't waste. Now let's win some games!

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Too bad we are not in the SEC. What did get per school for the ESPN Package? I think it was like 17 Million.

That is good news though...
Now lets win some games and get that budget to $55 Million.
And if Someone in Ankeny could find a way to donate $100 Million we would be pretty good to go. That would Finish Jack Trice and the Jacobson, Helpout Hilton and maybe start an olympic sports complex. Wouldn't that be nice.
Ok I would be happy with 25 Million. Please....

Last edited:

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
I think any University that can have their athletic budget increased is in great shape. The market should be turning around soon, so getting a head of everyone else should be an opportunity that we can't waste. Now let's win some games!

And if we do win some games, it could only increase even more. It would be HUGE in every aspect to win 6 games this year. I will go and pray now.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Too bad we are not in the SEC. What did get per school for the ESPN Package? I think it was like 17 Million.

That is good news though...
Now lets win some games and get that budget to $55 Million.
And if Someone in Ankeny could find a way to donate $100 Million we would be pretty good to go. That would Finish Jack Trice and the Jacobson, Helpout Hilton and maybe start an olympic sports complex. Wouldn't that be nice.
Ok I would be happy with 25 Million. Please....

12.5 million, actually. ESPN will pay the SEC 150 million a year, (divided equally), the Big 10 100 million, and the Big 12 60 million.

SEC and ESPN's television deal makes the rich even richer

Last edited:

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
For those of you who criticize and dislike Jamie Pollard, he has given us the opportunity to increase an athletic budget yet again. If you think he has nothing to do with this, then you are mistaken. He has done a fantastic job in getting us the resources to help us become more competitive. I hope he keeps this up and with success on the field/court/whatever, we should be able to compete.

Attn. CyBobby

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Outstanding. Thanks to the fans & alumni.

Special thanks to JP for continuing the mission through all the crap we've had to endure.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Just to clarify, Iowa is cutting 534K, which will bring the budget down to 65.6 million.

And after Iowa's legal fees, their budget actually spent on athletics will be surprisingly close to ISUs. :biglaugh:

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
And after Iowa's legal fees, their budget actually spent on athletics will be surprisingly close to ISUs. :biglaugh:

And by legal fees I assume you mean the money they slip the county DA's to plead anything down to a misdemeanor and push cases to after the season is over.:jimlad:

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
That's great, I don't really care about iowa's decreasing budget. It is nice to see things going well for Iowa State financially and Jamie Pollard. He is an unbelievably likeable and smart man who has done wonders financially here. It sucks about how we aren't able to see more wins so far during his time as AD, but no one wants that to happen as much as he does. Hopefully money turns into construction which turns into victories which turns into more money. Repeat. Keep giving Cyclones.