OT: "Grindhouse"...this movie was so great. Not sure people

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
over probably 35 will think it's that great, but it's just awesome.

Tarantino's movie ("Death Proof") towers over Rodridguez' movie ("Planet Terror") in my opinion, but they are both great, campy fun.

The acting is bad (it's supposed to be), the lines are cheese (they are supposed to be), the plot is full of holes (it's supposed to be), but it doesn't matter. It's just hilarious.

When you go, make sure you don't get up in between movies because there are 'fake' previews that are classic and not to be missed.

Definitely worth seeing if you are an action fan. There is a car chase scene in Tarantino's movie that rivals any car chase I've ever seen on film, and I've seen most of them. And none of it was special effects. How they pull it off is jaw dropping.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I saw the previews for this, and I knew it had to be good. I think it's fanastic that Tarantino and Rodriguez finally teamed up "equally" on a movie (Rodriguez directed Sin City, and let Tarantino direct just one scene.), and I think it's even better that they're trying to revive this kind of movie. It just seems so original, so over-the-top that I think audiences are gonna get out to see this film no matter what the reviews were.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
I'm really not sure if I'll check this one out or not. I can't explain it but there's just some reason that I want to see this.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
I think it's fanastic that Tarantino and Rodriguez finally teamed up "equally" on a movie (Rodriguez directed Sin City, and let Tarantino direct just one scene.).

I believe these two co-directed "From Dusk 'Til Dawn".

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
At the end of "Death Proof" our whole theater was actually clapping and cheering. It was crazy.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
i dunno - the movie looks awesome, but the sight of rose mcgowan with a prosthetic machine gun leg kinda wierds me out:eek4wd:

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
i dunno - the movie looks awesome, but the sight of rose mcgowan with a prosthetic machine gun leg kinda wierds me out:eek4wd:

Yeah, I saw that and couldn't help but think "That leg would be completely useless. She should have gotten a gun-arm instead"

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
over probably 35 will think it's that great, but it's just awesome.

Tarantino's movie ("Death Proof") towers over Rodridguez' movie ("Planet Terror") in my opinion, but they are both great, campy fun.

The acting is bad (it's supposed to be), the lines are cheese (they are supposed to be), the plot is full of holes (it's supposed to be), but it doesn't matter. It's just hilarious.

When you go, make sure you don't get up in between movies because there are 'fake' previews that are classic and not to be missed.

Definitely worth seeing if you are an action fan. There is a car chase scene in Tarantino's movie that rivals any car chase I've ever seen on film, and I've seen most of them. And none of it was special effects. How they pull it off is jaw dropping.

Glad you brought this one up. I took the day off from work yesterday so I could check Grindhouse out and I wasn't disappointed. At one point I really started getting bored with 'Death Proof' but it really got pretty exciting and I ended up loving it. As for the both of them, I'd have to say it's a toss up. Cherry and the machine gun leg was pretty awesome!

As for the fake trailers....one of them is actually going to be made into a movie. I heard in an interview that the trailer at the beginning of Grindhouse (Machete) will be made into an actual movie.

I love these kind of movies...I'm a huge fan of Kill Bill and Sin City as well. Can't wait for the sequel to Sin City! I take it Bruce Willis loves being in these types of movies. :wink0st:

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Cherry and the machine gun leg was pretty awesome!

Just for you Arkansas :biggrin9gp:

planet2.jpg

bill7.jpg

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
The fake preview for "Don't" had me laughing so freaking hard. It was classic. And the other one for "Thanksgiving" by Eli Roth was right up there too...with the cheerleading jumping on the trampoline...ouch!

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika

Better than "Ronin"?

Just watched Children of Men. That movie has some awesome scenes. A lot of scenes were shot in 1 shot/1 take which make it even more awesome. They have a car/motorcycle chase scene that was done in 1 shot which was awesome, but it fails in comparison to the 7 minute Tank, Gunfire, Building blowing up scene later on. Being in the film business, just makes me like the scenes so much more, because I know how complicated they are.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I am not a fan of Ronin's car chase like others are. It's good, but not one of my favorites. Bullit and the two car chases scenes in the two Boune Identity movies are cool too.

I think this one in Death Proof is one of the best just because it's two cars out in the wide open going faster than hell. Plus, one big reason...but I can't give it away. But that reason is THE reason it's so cool if you ask me.