miller without deace ouch

lovemyclones

Aug 7, 2008
Jon Miller without Deace to balance him out and keep his hawk arrogance in check is too much. It about makes my head explode.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Unfortunately they haven't done a podcast for a couple of weeks now so I couldn't listen if I wanted. To get my local sports fix I end up listening to 1700 midday and Matt and Miller. I really miss not getting some decent local shows in the afternoon. BTW don't even suggest Marty.

egami

May 19, 2009
iowa
I wasn't going to say anything unless someone brought it up, but the morning show was kind of awkward. I don't get the whole point of the segment where he was asking his fill in guy about whether he was going to Ames to watch the game or not. It seemed like a veiled attempt to trash on Cyclone Fan.

I've been to most of the Iowa / ISU games in both venues. I've seen idiotic crap from both sets of fans.

But here is a little clue for you, Mr. IowaFanThatHasNeverLivedOutsideOfIowa, if you want to see a true heated rivalry with real life fan hatred and mistreatment of people go visit Columbus with the Maize and Blue are in town. Ames Iowa will seem like an amusement park.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I'm not sure who the guy was that he had on in the 7:00 hour (I listened for 20 minutes and never heard his name), but I'm liking the fact that Iowa fans hate Jamie Pollard. I don't want him to be liked by fans of the rival.

But yes, it gets pretty brutal without Deace there to check him.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
If you want to witness something brutal, go to Columbia, Missouri when the Kansas Jayhawks are in town for a football game. If you feel really brave, wear red and blue and cheer the Jayhawks on at the top of your lungs. I also suggest you bring the Minnesota Vikings entire offensive line in uniform along for protection.

Cyclone29

Jul 21, 2009
Jon Miller without Deace to balance him out and keep his hawk arrogance in check is too much. It about makes my head explode.

Its Jon Miller, he loves himself more than his wife Id guess....U just have to sit back and laugh. Poor guy thinks he's got a gift. God bless him for doing his best cuz thats all we can ask for. IMO its big 10 radio on kxno. Deace does a good job but he's a cyclone because of his job not because of his desire. I Just hope Michigan Pounds the Hawks every chance they get. We all know this is the last chance Miller will get at trash talking....anyone say White Wash this winter???

egami

May 19, 2009
iowa
Now Miller is going on about how Ferentz is the hardest coach to replace in the B10...maybe the universe. He is the best value for the money based on what he'd done at Iowa...this is good stuff.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Now Miller is going on about how Ferentz is the hardest coach to replace in the B10...maybe the universe. He is the best value for the money based on what he'd done at Iowa...this is good stuff.

Ferentz is still getting paid more than Tressel, isn't he? Tough to argue that Ferentz is a better value when he's only been to one BCS game and they got slobberknocked.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I listened for about 10 minutes on the way in this morning, during the Big XII poll discussion. Guess I don't see the hawk arrogance part of the accusation. Heck, that very topic was discussed ad-nauseum here yesterday. I even heard JM defend ISU - at least on the uniform portion of the discussion.

Now - if you want to point out that once again, JM lurks around CF to get his show material, you got a point. Not sure about the "arrogance" thing, however.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Deace and Miller together = very good show.

Miller alone = broke back mtn style hawk love.....

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Its Jon Miller, he loves himself more than his wife Id guess....U just have to sit back and laugh. Poor guy thinks he's got a gift. God bless him for doing his best cuz thats all we can ask for. IMO its big 10 radio on kxno. Deace does a good job but he's a cyclone because of his job not because of his desire. I Just hope Michigan Pounds the Hawks every chance they get. We all know this is the last chance Miller will get at trash talking....anyone say White Wash this winter???

If I actually thought I had a gift for this, then rip away. But that's something you made up. I do it for a few reasons:

1) They said they'd pay me to do it
2) It's fun
3) They said they'd pay me to do it
4) It's talking sports and getting paid to do it
5) They pay for my health insurance

egami

May 19, 2009
iowa
Ferentz is still getting paid more than Tressel, isn't he? Tough to argue that Ferentz is a better value when he's only been to one BCS game and they got slobberknocked.

He's whining about Iowa's recruiting situation and how hard is and saying that considering "Woe is me Iowa's" situation makes Ferentz's job infinitely harder therefor worth more.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
He's whining about Iowa's recruiting situation and how hard is and saying that considering "Woe is me Iowa's" situation makes Ferentz's job infinitely harder therefor worth more.

I said those other schools with the higher paid coaches have more advantages.

Whining? I guess that is like the objectivity debate...if you agree with someone, they are objective. if not, they are homers, etc

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I said those other schools with the higher paid coaches have more advantages.

Whining? I guess that is like the objectivity debate...if you agree with someone, they are objective. if not, they are homers, etc

Come on Jon....you own Hawkeye Nation. You're a homer. It's not a slam on you, it's a fact.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Hey now, that's not totally fair...he is spending the first half of the 7:00 hour bagging on ISU this morning. :)

We'll beat them this year, on their turf, for their homecoming.

I'll bet you a pot of money on that. But I hope you're right.:smile:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron