Investment sales guy

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
About a week and a half ago, I got a call at work from an investment guy in New York, who evidently thinks I have a lot more money than I have. Anyway, he was a complete ********, but I listened to his line because I was curious, and he was trying to get me to buy $20,000 in this stock he said was a steal. Called me everything but sissy when I told him I wouldn't buy anything over the phone, and certainly not in that amount with consulting my wife. Anyway, so I've been tracking this stock for the last week. Check out the ten day:cry:

SunPower Ord Shs Class A (SPWRA) - Stock chart, Index chart - MSN Money

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
LOL....

I bet it would have been easy to sell when it got to that peak. :wink:

I would be more interested in the next 10 days..... it looks like ppl are selling like crazy right now.

-keep.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
About a week and a half ago, I got a call at work from an investment guy in New York, who evidently thinks I have a lot more money than I have. Anyway, he was a complete ********, but I listened to his line because I was curious, and he was trying to get me to buy $20,000 in this stock he said was a steal. Called me everything but sissy when I told him I wouldn't buy anything over the phone, and certainly not in that amount with consulting my wife. Anyway, so I've been tracking this stock for the last week. Check out the ten day:cry:

SunPower Ord Shs Class A (SPWRA) - Stock chart, Index chart - MSN Money

I wouldn't trust any of them. Watch this stock crash in the next month and this investment guy walks off with everyones money

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
LOL....

I bet it would have been easy to sell when it got to that peak. :wink:

I would be more interested in the next 10 days..... it looks like ppl are selling like crazy right now.

-keep.

We get fax scams at work all the time like that, and basically the scam results in a bunch of people buying it up and making the stock rise, and then it drops shortly to where it was before, if not lower. I'm sure it burns anyone who can't get right in and right out.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
We get fax scams at work all the time like that, and basically the scam results in a bunch of people buying it up and making the stock rise, and then it drops shortly to where it was before, if not lower. I'm sure it burns anyone who can't get right in and right out.

so you use your own investment guy or E-Trade ...... get in get out. If you believe the guy on the other end of the phone. :dull:

-keep.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Was it this guy?

boiler-room.jpg

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
your '10 day chart' is not accurate (it is tracking a full year). SPWRA (a stock I own right now for some of my clients) is up 32% over the last 10 days.

*EDIT: Nevermind - i thought initially you were saying it has been horrible over 10 days. As an aside, solar stocks are very volatile right now - so expect a wild ride if you buy into them.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
your '10 day chart' is not accurate (it is tracking a full year). SPWRA (a stock I own right now for some of my clients) is up 32% over the last 10 days.

*EDIT: Nevermind - i thought initially you were saying it has been horrible over 10 days. As an aside, solar stocks are very volatile right now - so expect a wild ride if you buy into them.

helgo - since you own spwra - what do you think regarding this stock going forward?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
This is the second call like that that I've gotten this year. The first guy introduced him by saying that his company represented customers with a minimum of $500,000 accounts, and my response was "dude, you've got some bad information". That ended the call rather quickly.