Naming Rights II-Hooters Stadium at ISU

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

letsgostate

Nov 4, 2006
Previous thread writer may be on to something. One of the biggest contributors for ISU athletics is the owner of Hooters. What would be the reaction of Iowa State if big bucks were offered to name stadium after this restaurant chain?

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
would be great.. have hooters girls walking around the stadium delivering hotwings

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
I mentioned it in the other thread but not to name the stadium but to just have a pavilion either in the stadium or near the gates on the south side of the stadium. I also really think that if they have a big time donor or sponsor that instead of naming rights for Hilton or JTS that they could be given the naming rights for the sports complex when all of the new buildings and renovations are completed.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'd be more open to them opening a Hooter's in Ames before we even ponder the idea of naming rights... Funny how the founder's of Hooter's doesn't even have a store in the town of the college he went to.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Just having wings at the stadium would be a huge step up in the stadium faire... We have to have some of the worst in game food around...

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Just having wings at the stadium would be a huge step up in the stadium faire... We have to have some of the worst in game food around...

This is why you eat plenty at your tailgate so you don't have to pay outrageous prices for crappy food in the stadium.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
And also, I am with the redrocker, the food there is terrible.

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Anything with the naming with Hooters involved would bring alot of exposer to us. That can be bad. Most of the country know what " the big house" is. Same for "the horse shoe" or "swamp". Not many know where Jack Trice is. We would get a nat'l rep fast. AND I thing that type of rep would appel to 17 and 18 year old males we are trying to get to ISU.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
It would be great for recruiting. Also all of us Married guys could actually go to Hooters without having the wife look at us funny. I am in.

Hooters Field at Jack Trice Stadium.

P.S. I bet Gary Barnett is reading this thread wondering if at his next stop he can get the Girls Gone Wild Field naming rights.

CYKXBUT

Jul 21, 2006
I was thinking the ISU grad has sold most, if not all, the Hooters locations. I guess I don't know that for sure, but I thought I had read that somewhere?????