If only we had the $$$$

Sep 28, 2007
Norman, OK
Saw this here at OU and thought it was pretty impressive...

Stadium Phase IV Nearly Complete SoonerSports.com - Official Site of the Oklahoma Sooners - Stadium Phase IV Nearly Complete

There is certainly no lack of financial support for athletics in this state when you consider this and the OSU money.

The attitude toward sports here became apparent when I was coaching T-ball this summer. Several of the teams played in pre-season tournaments and took winning very seriously. In fact, I had parents upset with me for not playing our best players more at their best positions. My response was simple: "It's only T-ball. We are just teaching the basics of all positions at this age." He didn't like that too much.

So, although Iowa may have a reputation for being a "boring place to live," I will give the state credit for having more to life than just sports.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also".

This is what people want; this is what people value in America.

Imagine the possibilities if people donated this amount of money to a University for something such as....say, alternative fuels research, or cancer research.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also".

This is what people want; this is what people value in America.

Imagine the possibilities if people donated this amount of money to a University for something such as....say, alternative fuels research, or cancer research.
Taxes (or at least the little that is left after burning it on other things)?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron