"Why would she take the time to write that if she was falling?"

Reactions: Flag Guy

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Reactions: CycloneErik

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
I miss the days when people fell into manholes for other stupid reasons.

True story: i know of a guy who set up a manhole accident in another state - to try to get hurt on purpose and get a settlement.

He did, broke his leg or something, and the state paid him.

BTW: he is a scumbag outside that story also.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I notice this all the time, and not just teens. People walk around either texting, reading a text message or talking on the cell phone and are completely oblivious to anything else around them.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
I notice this all the time, and not just teens. People walk around either texting, reading a text message or talking on the cell phone and are completely oblivious to anything else around them.

just not teens. texting is baffling to me. I don't get the addiction to it.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
just not teens. texting is baffling to me. I don't get the addiction to it.
It's awesome if you'd rather not talk to the person. Or if you're in a meeting and can't talk on the phone. Or somewhere it's too loud to talk on the phone. It has some practical uses.

egami

May 19, 2009
iowa
The majority of my texts are work-related system messages. I get alerts from our server room locations if we lose power and pop over to battery backup as well as confirmation if the generators kick on appropriately or not.

Outside of that, I use it sparingly because it's a pain more than a convenience for me. I can see where someone who doesn't have much of a life with all kinds of time on their hands may just do it out of boredom.

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
Good for her. Have a nice trip.

I am sure there will be some big OSHA fine for the company that did not have a cone or warning sign up. Someone will get sued for this.

Atleast she was not in a car trying to kill someone.

Last edited:

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
Good for her. Have a nice trip.

I am sure there will be some big OSHA fine for the company that did not have a cone or warning sign up. Someone will get sued for this.

Atleast she was not in a car trying to kill someone.

That's probably because she doesn't have her license yet. Give her time...

And, ironically, if there had been a cone up, chances are it could have been worse. In all likelihood, she trips over the cone, making this much more potentially dangerous.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
know what really grinds my gears? People looking at/reading various things while driving, like magazines or novels....:realmad:

Reactions: SeattleClone

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
know what really grinds my gears? People looking at/reading various things while driving, like magazines or novels....:realmad:

Amazing when driving across Iowa on I-80 how often you pass people who are reading...and I do not mean a map! Crazy! Kill yourself being stupid...but don't put others at risk!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron