What if an EMP detonated above the USA?

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
With power out people’s fridges are DOA. With no working cars, people don’t go to work. In the country and in the suburbs, people take the food out of their refrigerators and freezers before it “goes bad” and have BBQs. It’s a fun time.
BBQ's? Sign me up!

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
this scenario and my response to it, is very similar to my response to a zombie outbreak.

-keep.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I get real cranky if I can't check the Internet on my SmartPhone while waiting for my burger and fries at Jack-in-the-Box...

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Jumping out of trees onto deer and cutting them with a knife?

yeah, no doubt. no stores to buy stuff from. things would be so much different than they are now - and guys who say "they can hunt and grow stuff"......yeah, ok. I assume now that you buy seed and that you buy ammo, that you buy gas to get from point a to point b, that you buy the vast majority of your food, etc., etc.

like this poster says - hopefully you know how to slit a deer's throat.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I would love to go back to the stone ages. I know how to hunt and grow food. :wink:

But you know what? I'd let you plant your food and store all your meat then I'd come over and kill you and take it back to my family. I'm kind of kidding of course, but I've always thought that people who knew how to hunt and grow food in an event of major catasrophy would be in real danger.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Note to self.....pick up a lot of canned food and guns on the way home from work tonight.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
But you know what? I'd let you plant your food and store all your meat then I'd come over and kill you and take it back to my family. I'm kind of kidding of course, but I've always thought that people who knew how to hunt and grow food in an event of major catasrophy would be in real danger.

I would use my guns for this occasion. That, and I would be hiding in the woods, with trained murderous squirrels.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
yeah, no doubt. no stores to buy stuff from. things would be so much different than they are now - and guys who say "they can hunt and grow stuff"......yeah, ok. I assume now that you buy seed and that you buy ammo, that you buy gas to get from point a to point b, that you buy the vast majority of your food, etc., etc.

like this poster says - hopefully you know how to slit a deer's throat.

I hit a deer in a work truck once, and it didn't die. So I had to slit it with a dull knife.

I also know how to fish. :wink: