Crossfit of Ames

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
I have read about Crossfit before and found the workouts interesting and they look effective. I didn't know Ames had a club until I saw them in the 4th of July parade. Checked out the website and it looks interesting.

Anyone on here familiar with Crossfit or, more importantly, the one in Ames?

Thanks...

powerpighello

Jul 14, 2008
I have read about Crossfit before and found the workouts interesting and they look effective. I didn't know Ames had a club until I saw them in the 4th of July parade. Checked out the website and it looks interesting.

Anyone on here familiar with Crossfit or, more importantly, the one in Ames?

Thanks...
I'm very familiar with Crossfit but not the Ames location. It is a great workout. Some days are very challenging but its always different which keeps it fun. Might be a little expensive for some people but I think some of what you are paying for is the motivation that you get from working out with a group.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
www.crossfit.com

I have been using crossfit for about 1 year now and find that the workouts are very strenuous when used correctly. The whole idea behind crossfit is similar to an interval training workout where you are continuously moving, so that way your heart rate can not go down. This way you can work out for shorter periods of time with no real "free weights" and still get a better workout if you were to spend 2 hours at the gym per day. Also, all the named workouts are named after Special Warfare operators, so it is a fitting tribute to them.

As for the Ames Crossfit, I am not familiar at all but any town that actually has Crossfit is going to be good b/c they are dedicated to the workout and probably have the facilities to accomplish the workout.

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
Thanks guys. I haven't found anything as far as rates...you stated it is expensive. What are we talking about as far as price?

saf

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2006
Ames, IA
Love Crossfit--doing it for 3 years now. I agree with the other comments--tons of variety & intense. Very, very good general preparedness workout, hence the popularity of Crossfit with police, armed forces, SWAT, firefighters, etc.

Never used Crossfit Ames, as it is fairly new. Also, Crossfit requires very little equipment (pullup bar, Olympic bar, bumper plates, rings if you can, etc.), so you can easily buy most everything you need for what it would cost for less than a year at a club.