Will Anna Prins dunk while at ISU??

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

runningcy

Oct 16, 2008
Ames
Can Anna Prins dunk? If so i wonder if she'll be able to throw one down at some point!!!!!!! That'd be REDIC... She's 6'6" but i'd love to see her grow to 6'7"

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Jessica Schroll was trying to dunk before she left high school because she was an exceptional leaper (she was very strong in the long jump). I haven't heard anything about her efforts after she was injured.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Wow only 1 1/2 posts than answers the OP question

IMO, no she will not. We typically are not a running team and that is the only way she will ever have a shot at throwing one down.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
As long as she can be a solid post player for us I could care less if she can dunk. She's going to be counted on to contribute right away with all the graduations and defections.

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don't know if Prins can, but Poppens came close in an AAU tournament last summer:

girlsbasketballrecruit: Out & About: MN Stars Borowicz/North Tartan Larson

Close is relative.

"It was during the standoff around 10 points that Poppens elevated to within inches of the rim on a breakaway, what we thought was a dunk attempt. The ball didn't drop."

Getting within inches (meaning less than 1 foot :biggrin:) from the rim is a lot different than putting one down. You do actually have to get the ball over the rim to throw it down.

Polarbears

Apr 10, 2009
Wow only 1 1/2 posts than answers the OP question

IMO, no she will not. We typically are not a running team and that is the only way she will ever have a shot at throwing one down.

She could certainly get a Shaq dunk, where he almost gets to half court and
so gets the wide open dunk coming the other way:)

BurgundyClone

Apr 15, 2007
East of Omaha
In the history of women's basketball there has never been a "throw down" dunk. There have been a handful of "dunks" in history, and they have all been very very very weak dunks. Just score and block shots, that will suffice!