Looking for Blackberry Users

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyorDie

Jan 3, 2008
Waukee
I just recently upgraded to the Blackberry Curve and was wondering if anyone knows of some cool free apps that are available to use on it.

I know there are radio apps, but I'm looking to find one that will allow me to listen to the Cubs games. I noticed one of the radio apps allows me to listen to 1460 KXNO on my phone.

Even looking to use GPS and navigation, but I fear it's only available when you pay.

Thanks!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I would strongly recommend downloading Opera as your web browser - I use it on my Curve instead of the BB browser.

I don't use a ton of applications, but I have one called "MobileMe" that is nice for IM. There are lots of free games, etc. out there.

(Now let all of the posts telling you why their phone is better than a Blackberry begin...)

Reactions: CycoCyclone

ZJohnson

Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte
Go to MLB.com and you can get gameday and radio; for a cost of course. ESPN and Pandora are two apps that I use a lot.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I Just bought a Curve as well. Got sick of the Moto Q and went Curve. I use Google Maps and it works great.

Cubs.com is a good app, as well as ESPN

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I would strongly recommend downloading Opera as your web browser - I use it on my Curve instead of the BB browser.

I don't use a ton of applications, but I have one called "MobileMe" that is nice for IM. There are lots of free games, etc. out there.

(Now let all of the posts telling you why their phone is better than a Blackberry begin...)

Is it just opera.com to get it? Is it free?

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
opera is free.. should be able to get it by going to operamini.com on your phone.. welcome fellow crackberry user!!

check out crackberry.com.. it's an awesome site with lots of information and a message board!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
opera is free.. should be able to get it by going to operamini.com on your phone.. welcome fellow crackberry user!!

check out crackberry.com.. it's an awesome site with lots of information and a message board!

What he said. :smile: The install is really easy, and the app works really smoothly.

MadCy

Apr 9, 2006
Madison, WI
I just recently upgraded to the Blackberry Curve and was wondering if anyone knows of some cool free apps that are available to use on it.

I know there are radio apps, but I'm looking to find one that will allow me to listen to the Cubs games. I noticed one of the radio apps allows me to listen to 1460 KXNO on my phone.

Even looking to use GPS and navigation, but I fear it's only available when you pay.

Thanks!

Perfect timing on this thread! I just got a Blackberry Curve today!

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
I would first suggest doing a search on CF for this as there are some lists of apps out there for this very subject.

But to add to what's already been discussed...

Opera is a good app to use, although I liked the Bolt browser better. Unfortunately it was only beta and not sure if you're still able to get a copy.

AutoStandby is a must! It's not free, but well worth it as it helps battery life tremendously. Especially with the Curve.

Viigo is a popular one for RSS feeds and such. WeatherEye was another that I downloaded and used a lot.

Mobile Google apps are very useful. Google Maps, Gmail, etc. all come in handy.

There are of course a lot out there, so just keep searching.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Pandora is my favorite app by far. Streams prefectly.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
iheartradio, has been the only decent radio tuner I have found. Its growing, but it still needs more of the Iowa local stuff.