Cyclone Greats and their Jersey Number

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
This will be a walk down memory lane for most CFers. I have always wanted to bring up a thread bringing up the best players/popular athletes ever at ISU and get a running list on Jersey numbers from 1-99. Once someone has been named, feel free to comment....or if someone else has not been named yet...bring them up......and add a memory of that player if you want. Then, let's get moving on up to 99.

I am thinking about MBB and FB. (Obviously I know that some players have used the number 0....Jake Sullivan.....but we will begin with players that have donned the #1 -then #2 and so on.)

In my ISU Lifetime....the top #1's are:

#1 - Todd Blythe

blythe1.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WR Todd Blythe[/FONT]

#1 Curtis Stinson

Stinson.jpg

Last edited:

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Current #2 Sedrick Johnson:

I also agree that he could become a great player when it is all said and done.

FBPPBLGHDEGSCAG.20080829142957.jpg

Also, wasn't Darren Davis #2 when Troy was still here? Then he switched to #28 like his brother-

I think the best #2 ever is Ennis Haywood. He had a heck of a year when we went 9-3 in 2000 and a bowl win against PITT.

a_haywood_i.jpg

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Are we going in order here? If not, I think Marcus Fizer has a nice hold on #5

Yes, we are going in order here. And of course FIZER is the best #5 ever.....we will get to him. I am having trouble with #3s at the moment.

Mike Born? Bryan Pearson? Joe Moderman was #3. What about FB?

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
#3 - Jon Neal

Had one spectacular game but it did come at Iowa's expense.

Wasn't Gary Thompkins also #3. He was really good.

Reactions: drlove

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Maybe we can come back to the #3s if someone has a dinamite one. So onto the #4s

My Fav: Kantrail Horton - Clutch 2 guard....was a great roll player as well. Him and Tinsley owned the Big 12.

588876.jpg

another #4 Jackson Vroman - He was a popular guy on campus too... good hard nosed player.

vroman_022504.jpg