Hawk basketball fans are getting desperate

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
They are getting all excited about a kid name Ben Brust that may go to Iowa. Some of them are saying the this Cully Payne kid looks good in PTL but are also saying Jordan Egleseader schooled there new center recruit Cougill. Here is that Brusts kids profile. If I was an Iowa fan I would expect a little bet better than what they are recruiting right now. You can only kid yourself about "Licks System" for so long. Then you have to get good players.

Ben Brust - Basketball Recruiting

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
They are getting all excited about a kid name Ben Brust that may go to Iowa. Some of them are saying the this Cully Payne kid looks good in PTL but are also saying Jordan Egleseader schooled there new center recruit Cougill. Here is that Brusts kids profile. If I was an Iowa fan I would expect a little bet better than what they are recruiting right now. You can only kid yourself about "Licks System" for so long. Then you have to get good players.

Ben Brust - Basketball Recruiting

I'm sure Mr. Brust will make a fine addition to the Hawkeye team.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
A lot of their fans are fairly optimistic about this coming season. I just don't see how?

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I think they are going to be better than they should be this year. They are going to struggle, but I bet they'll be competitive, and win a couple they shouldn't...it's the nature of the slowball system. They don't have the athletes to get them from "competing" to "consistently winning" however, IMO.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I would hate to drag up posts of guys on here saying how good Sean Haluska was going to be after playing in the CCL. It's sad when we do it too.

If I've learned anything from the CCL, it's to pretend like it never happend by the start of the season. I wish others would follow suit.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I'm calling it now: the hawks are going to beat us this year because you guys keep talking about how terrible they are going to be.

Cycloin

Feb 5, 2009
Johnston
I think they are going to be better than they should be this year. They are going to struggle, but I bet they'll be competitive, and win a couple they shouldn't...it's the nature of the slowball system. They don't have the athletes to get them from "competing" to "consistently winning" however, IMO.

This. And it seems they usually play hard, although sometimes its hard to see through all of the bad ball being played.

Thankfully, we have nothing to do with the outcome!

Don't tell my lucky shorts and beer mug that.

Apr 28, 2009
Iowa fans are getting desperate for being excited about an incoming freshman and a potential recruit? Some of you here can't stop talking about how Bo Williams and Money Reynolds are going to save your football program, and neither of them have played a down of D-1 football. Stop being so hypocritical.

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Iowa fans are getting desperate for being excited about an incoming freshman and a potential recruit? Some of you here can't stop talking about how Bo Williams and Money Reynolds are going to save your football program, and neither of them have played a down of D-1 football. Stop being so hypocritical.
We can be hypocrits. It's our board.:wink:

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
The difference is Ben Brust is a mid-major recruit. He's a 6'2", slow, unathletic shooter.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Yes, yes. They only come out when they play schools like ISU, UNI, Drake, ect. Where have I heard this sort of thing before? Hmmm....

Or free pizza and tickets against highly ranked teams.

We can be hypocrits. It's our board.:wink:

This.:yes:

The difference is Ben Brust is a mid-major recruit. He's a 6'2", slow, unathletic shooter.

We've had a fair share of our "mid major" type recruits.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
A lot of their fans are fairly optimistic about this coming season. I just don't see how?

I'm definately not optimistic about this basketball team, but I can understand why some would be. That's what fans do.

I have a lot of experience with this as a Cubs fan. We're still just a couple players away from winning a world series :biggrin:

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
That's what fans do. Touche

I have a lot of experience with this as a Cubs fan. We're still just a couple players away from winning a world series :biggrin: As a South Sider fan I say, no way. :wink: