Buffs WR Josh Smith leaving CU

ISU_Alum_2000

All-Star
Oct 21, 2006
Aliso Viejo, CA
Smith is also the uncle of top 2008 RB recruit Darrell Scott, who chose CU over Texas partly to play with him.

Those 10 wins are looking pretty tough, Hawk.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Smith is leaving because he wants to major in RAP and Arizona State actually offers such a major. Somehow I cannot ever see RAP as an area of academic concentration at ISU!

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Smith is leaving because he wants to major in RAP and Arizona State actually offers such a major. Somehow I cannot ever see RAP as an area of academic concentration at ISU!

We need to start that. Would be a huge recruiting tool!

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
They are also loosing their starting guard, Devin Head. Their prized Juco LB, Lynn Katoa, has been dismissed from the team. Josh Smith is a huge loss for the Buffs. No way CU gets 10 wins this season. I'll be disappointed if we don't beat them at home. I wouldn't be surprised to see Darrell Scott transfer after getting beat out by the no-name RB, Rodney Stewart, and having his uncle transfer.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Not gonna lie, kind of a **** move, but I like it. :yes:

Yeah, that is a **** move. Release him to the one school out there who probably doesn't want him. At least JP has some sense in where ISU releases athletes to, not just pure vindictiveness.

Looks to me like Smith isn't the best WR, but his ability on special teams is what makes him a good player.