Cy will NOT be making a repeat at Capital One

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
Is US Bank a sponsor in any way? If not, I'm not sure why it would matter.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
Well, that doesn't make any sense. I don't care about the mascot contest, but this is a dumb reason not to participate. If ISU is just a customer to US Bank, ISU doesn't owe them anything.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
Does US Bank have a problem with this?

ISUAA_Bank_of_America_Credit_Card.jpg

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Wow this is really stupid, free pub for the school and free money for the squad when Cy wins

Iowa did the same thing a few years back when Herky won the write in vote

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I really don't see how this should be much of an issue considering there aren't any Capital One banks within 1000 miles of campus... :huh:

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I remember when Norwest used to have advertising on the football scoreboard. The dark green and blue Norwest logo didn't always show up very well on the black background. The scoreboard would read, "Cyclone Stadium The Home of Free Checking". Given the controversies at the time, it is pretty funny now.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Unless it's changed in the last year or two, USBank and Iowa State had a massive agreement related to ISU Cards (ID). USBank paid a hefty sum to link the ISU Card to a bank account. As part of the agreement they are allowed to advertise during new student orientation, and would pack Beardshear with workers to get students to sign up while they waited in line to get ID.

USBank used to own the ATMs on campus as well, but this changed three or four years ago (now owned by the Greater Iowa Credit Union).

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Well, that doesn't make any sense. I don't care about the mascot contest, but this is a dumb reason not to participate. If ISU is just a customer to US Bank, ISU doesn't owe them anything.

I doubt ISU simply uses USB for basic checking......

Usually if you are a business, in this case a good sized business, you try to keep your banker happy, keep the money flowing. Again, I doubt that ISU gets more from USB than just a checking service. And in this day and age, you'd want to keep that bank happy as bank relationships that supply large amounts of capital to you are not as easy as just a year ago.