I may have just experienced morning sickness

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Flipped to the sports page of the Arkansas Democratic Gazette to see a huge front page pic of Lyndsey being guarded by a Bulldog. I'm thinking to myself, hey...that's pretty cool UNTIL I read the caption below the pic referring to Lyndsey Medders and the Iowa State hawkeyes....

*sigh* I hate that with such a passion....:frown3qg:

clone2bone44

Nov 15, 2006
North Liberty
That's pretty sad. But at least people may actually associate the Hawkeyes with that but kick'n we received. I had also heard that during Saturday's game against Washington that the PA announcer refered to our team as the Hawkeyes then corrected himself......what's up with people!

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Don't these people realize that if they are calling us the "H" word, they could just as well call us a name such as trailer trash, worthless SOB's, slum lords, village idiots, illegitimats, and bottom feeders?

If they only knew what that name implies they would be more carefull.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Why does an Arkansas newspaper have a Georgia basketball game as their front-page story? Must have been one hell of a slow news day yesterday if nothing even remotely interesting happened for 600 miles in any direction...

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I can see the PA guys from a Big 10 school getting mixed up once in awhile..,but again if you know anything about sports you shouldn't mixed the 2 up. Especially since Minneasota and ISU just went head to head for the Wrestling championship.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Why does an Arkansas newspaper have a Georgia basketball game as their front-page story? Must have been one hell of a slow news day yesterday if nothing even remotely interesting happened for 600 miles in any direction...

It's a welcome change of pace to see ANYTHING Big XII in the paper down here especially with so many fans of Big XII teams transplanted in this area. I am so tired of hearing about the fiascos with Stan Heath, Houston Nutt, Frank Broyles.....

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
An interesting tidbit:

If you Google "Iowa State Hawkeyes," you get 953 results. Some sites trying to sell you Kansas Jayhawks vs Iowa State Hawkeye tickets near the top.

If you Google "Iowa Cyclones," you get 2,190 results.

With how often it seems to happen in the media, this surprised me.