"Chizik has two years to win."

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
I talked with an Auburn fan while in Florida this week, and I asked how new Coach Chizik was being received. His response to me is that Chizik has "two years to win" at Auburn. The fan base, and he included, liked Tuberville, and it was a couple of big boosters that pull this off. They will be happy with "w"s, but if he can't win right out of the chute, he's screwed according to this guy.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
doesnt surprise me i dont think most people were generally thrilled with his hire...... and the expectations between ISU and AU is quite a bit different. They are crazy in the south. I know we get upset on this board but the heat he will face down there has to be ridiculous
BTW he will fail there is no chance he beats saban ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j4state

May 21, 2006
Visit site
So did you contact a fan from every school in the country and plan on releasing one thread per day until football starts?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
One of my better friends is an Auburn grad and HUGE FB fan. He said it was time for Tubberville to go (similar to the DMac situation). He is excited about Chizik and his staff he has assembled and probably would give Chiz 3 full years before he gave up.

Unless he totally flops, I see him getting at least 3 years. They will show some promise this year and most will get behind him. The following year they will expect big things and probably not achieve them and the rumblings will start. The 3rd year if expectations aren't exceeded, he will be shown the door.

The only way he goes any sooner is if there is some scandal/violation or if he completely flops and finishes last or close to it in the SEC the first two years.

Reactions: ketelmeister

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I talked with an Auburn fan while in Florida this week, and I asked how new Coach Chizik was being received. His response to me is that Chizik has "two years to win" at Auburn. The fan base, and he included, liked Tuberville, and it was a couple of big boosters that pull this off. They will be happy with "w"s, but if he can't win right out of the chute, he's screwed according to this guy.

Sorry... After your last thread about a classless Hawk fan, but yet you didn't know if they were a Hawk fan or not.

Are you sure you talked to an Auburn fan??? Or just an ordinary person on the street speculating his opinion and no real fact behind it.

I can't stand threads like this... Sorry... This guy has as much pull as I do I bet. I could make the statement... "I give PR 1 year to win, and if not. I think he will be fired"

Is it news worthy what 1 guy thinks??? Or was this a big time booster?? Can't make much out of this.

Reactions: GoCubsGo

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Sorry... After your last thread about a classless Hawk fan, but yet you didn't know if they were a Hawk fan or not.

Are you sure you talked to an Auburn fan??? Or just an ordinary person on the street speculating his opinion and no real fact behind it.

I can't stand threads like this... Sorry... This guy has as much pull as I do I bet. I could make the statement... "I give PR 1 year to win, and if not. I think he will be fired"

Is it news worthy what 1 guy thinks??? Or was this a big time booster?? Can't make much out of this.

This was an average fan...sorry you don't approve of what other fans say or think. You can't stand threads like this, but feel the need to post on a thread like this. Why do you bother even reading anything on here.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
This was an average fan...sorry you don't approve of what other fans say or think. You can't stand threads like this, but feel the need to post on a thread like this. Why do you bother even reading anything on here.

Because I obviously don't have a life like some people... :wink:

I think I'll start a thread tomorrow.... Synder has 2 years. Then interview my KSU buddy.... I'm sure it will be just as interesting.

Also, Chizik is gone... Let it go. Why must we bang our head on the wall still. The dog and pony show is over.

Apr 30, 2009
i think hes going to surprise a lot of you guys. he finally has all the talent in the world and its pretty easy to use that talent with pretty much the best assistant coaches out there.

Reactions: ketelmeister

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Because I obviously don't have a life like some people... :wink:

I think I'll start a thread tomorrow.... Synder has 2 years. Then interview my KSU buddy.... I'm sure it will be just as interesting.

Also, Chizik is gone... Let it go. Why must we bang our head on the wall still. The dog and pony show is over.

Let's see, you posted 12 times on the last thread I started that you said was totally worthless, and so far two on this. You must have extra time on your hands. Wonder how many posts on something vital like what sunglasses to buy?

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Let's see, you posted 12 times on the last thread I started that you said was totally worthless, and so far two on this. You must have extra time on your hands. Wonder how many posts on something vital like what sunglasses to buy?

I enjoy the observations you've posted. That's pretty much what message boards are for. If people don't like it, don't read it. That's a concept people seem to struggle with. If I see a thread title that doesn't interest me, I don't click on it.

I haven't clicked on the sunglasses thread because I don't know anything about them, nor do I care. :smile:

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
One of my better friends is an Auburn grad and HUGE FB fan. He said it was time for Tubberville to go (similar to the DMac situation). He is excited about Chizik and his staff he has assembled and probably would give Chiz 3 full years before he gave up.

I lived in B-ham for 3 years and got a pretty good taste for the SEC and the UA/AU rivalry (even went to an Iron Bowl), and there is no way you could compare forcing out Tuberville to the Dmac situation. AU beat UA 6 years in a row up until 2008. They averaged 8.5 wins per season over the 10 years he coached there, including a 13-0 season that most people think they deserved a shot at the national title. They won 9 games in 2007, the year before he was forced to resign. I'd say if Chizik loses to UA and doesn't at least have the tigers in position to win a SEC championship he's out of there.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk

Hmmm... Only 1 actually... Oakley are the way to go...

I posted in your one worthless thread because I wanted to point out to people that it had no substance... You assumed it was a Hawk fan, and it started a great debate about how classless both fan bases are.

This one I just don't understand the point... Actually funny thinking about it... the sunglasses thread is more vital then this one and the other.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
I lived in B-ham for 3 years and got a pretty good taste for the SEC and the UA/AU rivalry (even went to an Iron Bowl), and there is no way you could compare forcing out Tuberville to the Dmac situation. AU beat UA 6 years in a row up until 2008. They averaged 8.5 wins per season over the 10 years he coached there, including a 13-0 season that most people think they deserved a shot at the national title. They won 9 games in 2007, the year before he was forced to resign. I'd say if Chizik loses to UA and doesn't at least have the tigers in position to win a SEC championship he's out of there.

That being the case why did they get rid of Tuberville?:confused:

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
That being the case why did they get rid of Tuberville?:confused:

Exactly, if they didn't think what Tuberville was doing was acceptable, what are they going to expect out of Chizik?

I'm not bashing Chizik at all btw, I just was pointing out how insanely high expectations are down south.