A-Rod tipped off opposing pitchers

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Plus he only tips Hooters girls the minimum 15%!!!! C',mon, those drummies, fries and beer are worth more than 15%!

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I don't buy the tipping pitches thing and I certainly don't buy that he used steroids in High School... I like Meintekvich's comment, you're basically accusing every kid who ever went through puberty of using steroids.

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
Who cares. Its not as if we didn't know the guy was a ****** bag loser before this came out.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I don't understand the tipping pitches part. What is his motivation to do such? To make money i.e. gambling? What else would it be?

Wasn't the speculation that he hoped if he did it for other players, they would do it for him to keep him out of slumps and keep his batting average up?

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I don't buy the tipping pitches thing and I certainly don't buy that he used steroids in High School... I like Meintekvich's comment, you're basically accusing every kid who ever went through puberty of using steroids.

I think I heard one quote saying A-Rod went from benching around 100 pounds to being able to lift over 300 in under six months. Not sure what high school other people went to, but even at mine, that would have raised some red flags.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I've never been one to defend A-Rod and probably never will be. That being said, Selena Roberts doesn't have anything on him that would be considered solid proof of anything. It's all hearsay.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I think I heard one quote saying A-Rod went from benching around 100 pounds to being able to lift over 300 in under six months. Not sure what high school other people went to, but even at mine, that would have raised some red flags.

If he was a kid who had never worked out then I beleive it, but having seen him play as a senior in HS, I doubt he ever lifted 300 in High School. Personally, I went from 135 to 335 my Freshman year of college, so I buy it.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
This is GARBAGE... there is a report from a Texas writer who interviewed Michael Young about this... (who played 2nd Base next to ARod in Texas and is probably one of ARod's best "baseball" friends) and he knows it's garbage. He basically said that the steroid thing was bad, and he's upset about that but that the tipping pitches thing is crap. He did the wrong thing with the roids.. but this is just bad reporting.

And on top of this, during the initial steroid confessiong with Peter Gammons, ARod said how this Selena Roberts lady was essentially stalking him and has been thrown off his property twice. I BELIEVE IT NOW! I mean... she's writing a book trying to deface him even worse after he's already been beat up like a ragged little doll. She needs to move on and, in my opinion, only makes his claim of her being a psycho more credible with this book.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron