NFL: Favre

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
God that would be AWESOME

My favorite player with my favorite team!

But it won't happen

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
thumbnail.aspx

LIES!

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
It's pure speculation at this point and I knew this would come up after the Jets 'released' him.

It is completely normal for teams to release the players that have retired, just a paperwork detail. Not saying it can't or wont happen, but you had to know rumors would fly about the Vikings as soon as Farve was free from the Jets.

Also, Brett had said he'd need triceps surgery to ever play again.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I just dont see how he can benefit a team at this point.... i would probably take sage over him if i were the vikes

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Please God, If I have to hear about Brett Favre any longer I will find every pair of Wranglers in Story County and light them on fire..... while playing tackle football in the mud with 15 of my closest guy friends.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Please God, If I have to hear about Brett Favre any longer I will find every pair of Wranglers in Story County and light them on fire..... while playing tackle football in the mud with 15 of my closest guy friends.

Haha ....can I play?

krustysponge

Apr 29, 2009
crapland
most overrated qb in history. I enjoyed him choking in the playoffs and his signature run around and throw the ball up and say a rosary while its in the air.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
haha are you,
i think he wants to go to a team that has a chance to win right away, i dont think the vikes are there yet

Uh, what? They have a very good defense, and made the playoffs without a quarterback. Arguably the best backfield in the game. They've got a chance to win right away. Also it doesn't hurt that the NFC North is pathetic.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
most overrated qb in history. I enjoyed him choking in the playoffs and his signature run around and throw the ball up and say a rosary while its in the air.

:eek::eek: most overrated huh, i guess having alot of nfl records and a superbowl win makes you overrated

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Uh, what? They have a very good defense, and made the playoffs without a quarterback. Arguably the best backfield in the game. They've got a chance to win right away. Also it doesn't hurt that the NFC North is pathetic.

true i would agree with the nfc north thing... but look at the head coach he will find a way to screw it up

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Favre > Sage - period. It's not even something that can be debated. I'd love to be as "overrated" as Brett Favre.

However, not only is it time for Favre to just hang it up, but I can't fathom the idea of seeing him in purple. Ugh.

I'll watch though, oh man, will I watch. One of the most exciting players to put on an NFL uniform and often times unpredictable - sometimes good, sometimes not.

But he's one of the best ever and I can see why the Vikings would want to add a guy like that to their team.

Reactions: illinoiscyclone

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
haha are you,
i think he wants to go to a team that has a chance to win right away, i dont think the vikes are there yet

They are a QB away from a super bowl IMO

AP would have a field day with Favre at QB. Look at what Grant did at GB with Favre and then w/o. Than look at what Thomas Jones did before Favre got there. HUGE difference. Can't load the box when Favre is your QB.

He is still great. Throws to many INT's but still makes throws no others do.

At the same time, I don't want him to come back b/c it will be nothing but negative and I love him to much for his name to get dragged through the mud anymore than it has in the past 2 years