The Chizik Mafia?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

54cy

Oct 26, 2007
Ankeny
Stretch Limo?

I see that Auburn used a stretch limo to create a presence in Alabama while on the recruting trail. Just wondering, did the Chiz use one in Iowa or was he tooling around in a Mini Cooper?

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Re: Stretch Limo?

I see that Auburn used a stretch limo to create a presence in Alabama while on the recruting trail. Just wondering, did the Chiz use one in Iowa or was he tooling around in a Mini Cooper?

Jean :)biggrin:) spent as little time in Iowa as possible to still be thought of as the ISU coach. As in he was here 6 Saturdays a year, and even that might be a stretch. :wink:

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
This stunt is now starting to get some national attention. I would not be surprised if Wilbon and Kornheiser talk about it today on PTI. It just seems like a desperate move to me. It's like Chizik admitting he can't compete with Saban on the recruiting trail in the convential way so he has to pull out a Hummer stretch limo to try and impress some high school kids.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I met a bunch of Auburn fans in Orlando and I told them Auburn football glory days are over. One of the guys said, Gene is going to take the football program to a new level and I said right into the ground.

Mar 10, 2009
go away Gene. you said you didnt like ISU anymore remember.

so what your saying is that we shouldnt recruit the south/southeaster states? i would love to have the top ten players out of alabama than have the top ten players out of iowa ANYDAY.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Say what you want about this story, but the coaching staff that he has assembled there is one of the top 5 in the country

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Say what you want about this story, but the coaching staff that he has assembled there is one of the top 5 in the country

Not even close. Tell me what any of those assistants has won and what Gene has done as a head coach.