Ellis Hobbs to the Eagles...

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
Wow, the Eagles really have upgraded their special teams, if nothing else, in the draft. The kickoff returners will now most likely be Maclin and Hobbs, with Jackson still taking punt returns. Not too shabby!

I'm guessing this means that the Eagles will unload Sheldon Brown now (ideally in a trade that gets us Boldin!). Otherwise, they're going to have another odd man out situation like they had last year with Lito. Oh, well. It will be nice to finally have a Cyclone to cheer for..

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Thank God! I can cheer for Hobbs again. My hatred for the Patriots did not allow me to cheer for Hobbs

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Thank God! I can cheer for Hobbs again. My hatred for the Patriots did not allow me to cheer for Hobbs

And now I must stop cheering for him due to my hatred of the Eagles. haha, why can't he get onto a team that everyone is usually indifferent to. Seahawks come to mind.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Wow. I just woke up 20 minutes ago. I read that the first two picks of the Draft today were Iowa guys, but now I see this. I'm pretty pumped as my dad lives 30 minutes from Philly so I'm going to have to go watch him play now!!

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Not worth starting a new thread, but the Patriots also drafted Tyrone McKenzie. Could be the closest ISU will come to the draft this year...

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
Does Hobbs still use his high school rather than Iowa State in his little promo shot for games? That always annoyed me.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
YES! It only took 8 replies to get to this issue!

I was thinking it might take as many as 10.
Yeah, why the heck does he do that. Pisses me off. On monday nights i always got exited to hear him say Iowa State then he comes out and says his high school. That shows how much he respects isu

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Yeah, why the heck does he do that. Pisses me off. On monday nights i always got exited to hear him say Iowa State then he comes out and says his high school. That shows how much he respects isu

He totally rips on ISU during games too, if you've ever heard him miced up.

It's like he doesn't want to be from ISU. :jimlad:

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
He says Iowa State sometimes. I remember seeing him wear any ISU hat during an interview after a game last year. I think he respects ISU, but still has pride in his high school.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
I think many people forget he would always have ISU gear hanging in his locker whenever he got interviewed after games. I don't think he's disrespecting Iowa State, he's just trying to be funny, which I think it is.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
I hope Ellis can shine at the Eagles now

I think he'll have more fun in this defense. He'll get a chance to blitz from time to time, and he'll be playing opposite his Super Bowl teammate Assante Samuel again. I'm still a little unsure of who his secondary teammates will be. Maybe Brown will make the shift to safety this season, if he doesn't get traded...

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I can't believe people still bring up what he says on the intros...get over it! :no:

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Still remember Ellis picking off that Iowa pass when they were top 10 and we spanked them in Ames.

He had a lot of plays like that. I hope to see some more defenisive plays like that soon in Ames!

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
He said "the up and coming Iowa State University" his rookie year. He switched to his high school after Mac was fired.
Gotcha
I can't believe people still bring up what he says on the intros...get over it! :no:
It's just weird. You hear all these guys spouting off their colleges and then Ellis throws out his HS. I don't really care, it's just kind of annoying. I'll still watch him play.

Help Support Us

Become a patron