Bobby Brown, QB, Storm Lake HS

Becker

Nov 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I heard some rumors today that the coaching staff was interested in Bobby Brown (QB from Storm Lake). Just wanted to know if anyone else had heard this and what are his chances at ISU.

He is a senior, so assuming JT is the starter after AA, Bobby Brown could come in and red shirt. After JT graduated he could have a possible 2 years at QB. Does he seem like a good fit for the new ISU spread offense? I'm orginally from the Storm Lake area (but been away for 8 years now) and just got word of this guy. Anyone have insight to how good he is? Thanks in advance.

Becker

Nov 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I had never heard of him either until the last couple of days. A quick search online lists Nebraska, Iowa, and Illinois all being interested. I guess his grades are decent and Stanford has also been talking to him.

I'm not a fan, just had a friend ask me if I knew anything about this kid and what his chances were at ISU. I didn't know and thought if anyone knew.....it would be here.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
There are always rumors of HS kids getting looks. Sometimes in small towns a glance get blown way of of wack. I know a HS QB whos dad was talking about all the letter he was getting (he was a good HS QB) from big time colleges and he never ended up getting any DI or DII offers.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Wherever he goes, it will be his prerogative. :wink:

Dang it - you beat me!! :notworthy: It seems like someone's beating me to "every little step take..."

Reactions: nj829

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I heard some rumors today that the coaching staff was interested in Bobby Brown (QB from Storm Lake). Just wanted to know if anyone else had heard this and what are his chances at ISU.

He is a senior, so assuming JT is the starter after AA, Bobby Brown could come in and red shirt. After JT graduated he could have a possible 2 years at QB. Does he seem like a good fit for the new ISU spread offense? I'm orginally from the Storm Lake area (but been away for 8 years now) and just got word of this guy. Anyone have insight to how good he is? Thanks in advance.

I think they are interested in him but as a walkon. They really can't afford to swing at miss at a QB this year. They need to bring in a good one and maybe two. Of course, I could be way off base.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Never heard of him. Come to think of it, I can't remember when Storm lake won a champoinship in anything...... let alone football. Pass.

I forgot, the only kids worth pursuing are the ones who won championships. Better find a new QB because I don't think Ames ever won a football title, nor did Tiller's HS. :skeptical:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I forgot, the only kids worth pursuing are the ones who won championships. Better find a new QB because I don't think Ames ever won a football title, nor did Tiller's HS. :skeptical:

Don't worry he's an Iowa fan.

Although I've never heard of this guy, I'm sure were barely interested and looking harder at different qb prospects.

Sidenote, does he do cocaine, and beat whitney? :jimlad:

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
I like how people just assume he is not good because he is from a small school...

cydswipe

Jun 12, 2007
Maquoketa, Iowa
I live in Storm Lake, really close to the school, and I've never heard of this kid. Their football program isn't very good right now. Maybe he's a diamond in the rough?

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
I've neer seen him play. And I doubt anybody else here has either. I think its a little silly to just assume he isn't good enough.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006

The phrase "interested in" can mean many things. Anywhere from somebody high on your list to somebody that makes the cut to get a mailing. My guess is that the staff is reaching out to a number of kids in an attempt to get them to a summer camp to form a better evaluation on them.

yoteforever

Dec 24, 2008
Never heard of him. Come to think of it, I can't remember when Storm lake won a champoinship in anything...... let alone football. Pass.

Basketball in the 70's when they had the Kennedy twins.

I don't think you have to have won a championship title to be a great prospect.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron