Hy-Vee Cy-hawk commercial

Jerry1982

Sep 3, 2006
NE Iowa
The Cy-hawk series, developed by the Hy-Vee people, confronts this rivalry with great civility. That is healthy. But...that commercial they use always sends me to the 'fridge. I do not like that commercial. (where the allegiance of the young married couple is split) Please tell me they air that same commercial on all hawkeye sporting events that are on TV. I've never watched one, but I trust they torture the eiu fans with it as well.
Next year I'm hoping they'll have two or three different commercials -- just for the sake of diversity.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
"Some days I feel like a cyclone, some days a hawkeye."

I just want to smack that kid...on the hawkeye side of his face.

Jerry1982

Sep 3, 2006
NE Iowa
I think it's the lack of energy in the commercial that makes no sense to me. I do think the Cy-hawk series is fun and harmless. Kudos to Hy-Vee for that.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
The commercial itself is fine - but it's old. We've had the series finishing up the third year now? And one commercial.

A little new material.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
They need to take a lesson from Off-Campus Apparrel and ESPN does for theirs where the theme of the story is how it looks "wrong" to be with someone from their rival school. I think when Off Campus was still around they had some good ISU/Iowa ones and also threw in a little UNI too. ESPN has their Michigan and OSU commerical for example.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
They need to take a lesson from Off-Campus Apparrel and ESPN does for theirs where the theme of the story is how it looks "wrong" to be with someone from their rival school. I think when Off Campus was still around they had some good ISU/Iowa ones and also threw in a little UNI too. ESPN has their Michigan and OSU commerical for example.

"What's the matter...DUKE BOY!"

I love that one!

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I like the Iowa/Iowa State commercial. If I don't end up with a die hard Iowa State fan, ending up with a die hard Hawkeye fan would be fun. Better than someone who doesn't care either way.

cyclonekj

Apr 11, 2006
I like the Iowa/Iowa State commercial. If I don't end up with a die hard Iowa State fan, ending up with a die hard Hawkeye fan would be fun. Better than someone who doesn't care either way.

You are a sadist, my friend. Seek help.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It was fine the first time, but now its time to get something new in there to be ready to market end of the summer

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron