Steph Curry to enter draft?

warsend

Mar 22, 2009
Iowa
hi, sorry if i'm posting something over again. CBSsports reports that Steph Curry is in the draft. Will this help lean CB back? Steph Curry and Brackins are neck-to-neck in the mock drafts so this could help us.

Also, I don't think anyone else has said the Rubio will enter if his team gets the buyout situation right?

There's 2 people that will go ahead of Brackins. Thus, I think he will come back.
:yes::yes::yes::notworthy::yes:

hi sorry guys, I read the thread wrong, You think Curry will go to the draft or not

Last edited:

warsend

Mar 22, 2009
Iowa
CBSSports also reports that Tyler Smith will declare but will not hire agent. CB will be ahead if he declares but I wanted to mess with hawk fans a little:biggrin:

Today Scotty Reynolds decalred but will not have an agent..

This is the official Decalred for Draft thread

Last edited:

CB21

Mar 13, 2009
Sioux Falls
Curry is entering. He's looking at anywhere from 8-15. The only thing that was holding him back was he wanted to graduate from Davidson but where his stock is right now and the staying of quite a few lottery picks for next year he opted to go.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Are we talking 8-15 of the NBA draft or the NBADL draft? He's a second rounder at best. Hope he saves the money from his rookie contract.

warsend

Mar 22, 2009
Iowa
sorry for updates, but 2 Texas A & M players declared yesterday.

though they will probably come back, maybe they'll pull a Stinson

CB21

Mar 13, 2009
Sioux Falls
Are we talking 8-15 of the NBA draft or the NBADL draft? He's a second rounder at best. Hope he saves the money from his rookie contract.

Draftexpress.com has him 9th and nbadraft.net has him 16th. He's better than 2nd round talent obviously. Plus its a weaker draft for him. He'll easily be getting a 1st round contract.

CB21

Mar 13, 2009
Sioux Falls
Aldrich staying at Kansas was still a dagger to Iowa State.

I know. I was really hoping he'd leave along with collins. But collins even after this year is projected 2nd round. And most boards have Aldrich top 5 which I guess I never thought he would go that high.

warsend

Mar 22, 2009
Iowa
why are people so high on Aldrich? I think Brackins is better, he has a better jump shot, quicker, also more athletic. Aldrich has a weird jump shot and reminds me of Joaquim Noah(sp?). Noah though is doing well but I don't understand why Aldrich has a high draft stock.

warsend

Mar 22, 2009
Iowa
I was thinking, anyone remember Jason Thompson of Rider. He was 6'10" and like 220 pounds? He was a guy nobody knew of. He was picked by Sacramento and was a late lottery pick. If anyone knows who Thompson is, I think that's the best comparison to Brackins.

Thompson=Brackins? (no, I don't mean Alex:biglaugh:)

CB21

Mar 13, 2009
Sioux Falls
I was thinking, anyone remember John Thompson of Rider. He was 6'10" and like 220 pounds? He was a guy nobody knew of. He was picked by Sacramento and was a late lottery pick. If anyone knows who Thompson is, I think that's the best comparison to Brackins.

Thompson=Brackins? (no, I don't mean Alex:biglaugh:)

A lot of people are comparing those two. And its Jason Thompson I think.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Jason thompson is a terrible comparison to Brackins. Thompson was a rebounding/shot blocking machine at rider. he didnt have nearly as good of offensive skills as CB and CB doesnt have nearly the defensive skill as thompson did out of college

CB21

Mar 13, 2009
Sioux Falls
Jason thompson is a terrible comparison to Brackins. Thompson was a rebounding/shot blocking machine at rider. he didnt have nearly as good of offensive skills as CB and CB doesnt have nearly the defensive skill as thompson did out of college

I think most people mean more kind of the sleeper. Im sure Brackins could rebound and block shots at Rider too.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Draftexpress.com has him 9th and nbadraft.net has him 16th. He's better than 2nd round talent obviously. Plus its a weaker draft for him. He'll easily be getting a 1st round contract.

I wasnt talking about where he WILL get drafted, i meant where he SHOULD get drafted. How many GREAT college /players have been drafted high in the lottery, just to flame out before they ever get a chance? The NBA drafts on potential, his only potential is to make a lot of 3's.

CB21

Mar 13, 2009
Sioux Falls
I wasnt talking about where he WILL get drafted, i meant where he SHOULD get drafted. How many GREAT college /players have been drafted high in the lottery, just to flame out before they ever get a chance? The NBA drafts on potential, his only potential is to make a lot of 3's.

How do you know where he SHOULD get drafted? Why is he a early-mid lottery pick then if YOU think he shouldn't be. NBA teams must not know what there doing then huh? Who are you going to pick instead that isnt going to flame out? You dont know so you go with the best option out there. You never know.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I know. I was really hoping he'd leave along with collins. But collins even after this year is projected 2nd round. And most boards have Aldrich top 5 which I guess I never thought he would go that high.

Cole will just be a bench player in the pros.

warsend

Mar 22, 2009
Iowa
hi, today was a great day to be a cyclone fan if you want CB back.

Curry, Lawson, and Ellington all are going pro. 2 of the 3 will be ahead of Brackins so this will put Brackins at best mid 1st round.

I don't think there's a chance now that Brackins gets into the lottery. This is what CB might have been waiting for, to see who is entering.

I give the odds 60% stay, 40% go.

G-Garrett
G-Staiger
F-Gilstrap
F-Brackins
C-Hamilton
------------------
G-Colvin
G-Buckley
G-Chrisofferson
G/F-Boozer
F-Pomlee
F-Dendy
C-Vanderbeken
"OPEN"

We could be improved a ton with this lineup. Hopefully GM can make this team good if this is the lineup.:yes::yes:

Greivis (sp?) Vasquez from Maryland also declared with no agent.

Last edited:

warsend

Mar 22, 2009
Iowa
James Anderson from Oklahoma St. says he will stay in school most likely according to CBS....:no::sad:

CB21

Mar 13, 2009
Sioux Falls
Well Ive woke up everyday for past couple weeks and have come straight to CF hoping Id see something about him either staying or going. But at least now..its 3 days.