THE CHICAGO CUBS MAKE BASEBALL HISTORY!

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
For the first time in the history of Major League Baseball....a player named Micah has hit a home run off of a pitcher with the same name.

You don't hassle the Hoff!

Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
The land of Eastern Iowa University
An article on ESPN, don't really wanna look it up, but it was the reality or illusion article that comes out every April. It basically said that what Derek Lee is going through is reality, and it said that he really hasn't been the same since breaking his wrist in what, 2006 or something like that. It was actually a pretty cool article

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
From ESPN:

News: Lee not showing much pop
Spin: From ESPN.com's Eric Karabell: Remember when Lee was a top-10 first baseman? Look, it's early, and he's a veteran, but watching him at the plate, I feel like I'm watching Jeff Francoeur. Lee doesn't get any lift when he makes contact. He just hits ground balls. Lee is going to knock in runs because the Cubs get men on base, but I'm wondering whether Lee will reach 15 home runs this season. The 46-homer season of 2005 always was the outlier, but fantasy owners still pay for that. In the following three seasons, Lee hit 50 home runs. He still can offer fantasy owners decent numbers, and he'll raise his average another 50 points eventually, but if he's Casey Kotchman with a handful of stolen bases, his value is seriously off base.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
An article on ESPN, don't really wanna look it up, but it was the reality or illusion article that comes out every April. It basically said that what Derek Lee is going through is reality, and it said that he really hasn't been the same since breaking his wrist in what, 2006 or something like that. It was actually a pretty cool article

It was pretty stunning to see the impact of that wrist injury. If that hadn't happened, who knows how much he'd be hitting right now?:wideeyed:

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
It was pretty stunning to see the impact of that wrist injury. If that hadn't happened, who knows how much he'd be hitting right now?:wideeyed:

I'd agree on the wrist, but I'll throw this out too. When did they start testing for PEDs?

Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
The land of Eastern Iowa University

He would probably be doing much much better. They also said that Papi was a reality, which sucks because being a fan and a redsox fan, I know it's true. He says he is fine, but there is no way he is fine. He really benefited from have Manny behind him. I hope he can somewhat get out of the slump because it is just so damn ugly to watch him hit right now

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
He would probably be doing much much better. They also said that Papi was a reality, which sucks because being a fan and a redsox fan, I know it's true. He says he is fine, but there is no way he is fine. He really benefited from have Manny behind him. I hope he can somewhat get out of the slump because it is just so damn ugly to watch him hit right now

I'm not a Red Sox fan or hater. I'm much more disturbed to see Derrek doing so poorly.

Maybe it's just a slow starting thing for him right now, too, but he's usually a quick starter.

And maybe both are just attributed to baseball and it's difficulty to predict what happens.