5 Reasons to Blame Jamie Pollard

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
1. Cael has now said that he got a 10% pay increase. Something Iowa State could have easily matched. It was never, ever about the money! Especially these ridiculous 500K a year and 1 million dollar signing bonuses that so many of you on this board were so quick to believe

2. Cael said that he thinks he can win a National Championship easier at Penn St, but then goes on to say that he expects Iowa State to win next year. Odd

3. Cael didn't even let Jamie counter offer. He couldn't get away from him quick enough. Really odd for a school that he loves.

4. Cael says that it is easier to recruit at Penn State than Iowa State even though Iowa State has a top 6 class coming in next year according to intermat and Penn State isn't in the top 30. Odd again

5. History shows that Iowa State is a 10X better job than Penn St and that the Big 12 is the better conference traditionally.

All signs point to him not being happy as head coach here at Iowa State and that has to go back on the Athletic director. Cael even felt that Jamie took a couple shots at him in the press conference but he chose the high road and complimented Jamie.

I know it is easier to back the person who is currently at Iowa State but after 3 years of crap you have to realize that this is not a coincidence. It is a pattern and something has to chance

Last edited:
Reactions: alaskaguy

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
I agree 100%.

It appears that there was something between Pollard and Cael. That is the only thing that makes sense. A 10% raise? WTF?????? I don't get it.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Hmmm.... suspicious.... I hear Chiz took Auburn in a heartbeat for the same reason. He'd have considered remaining entrenched in Ames if it wasn't for our buddy Pollard.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
1. Cael has now said that he got a 10% pay increase. Something Iowa State could have easily matched. It was never, ever about the money! Especially these ridiculous 500K a year and 1 million dollar signing bonuses that so many of you on this board were so quick to believe

2. Cael said that he thinks he can win a National Championship easier at Penn St, but then goes on to say that he expects Iowa State to win next year. Odd

3. Cael didn't even let Jamie counter offer. He couldn't get away from him quick enough. Really odd for a school that he loves.

4. Cael says that it is easier to recruit at Penn State than Iowa State even though Iowa State has had top 6 classes the last 3 years according to intermat and Penn State isn't in the top 30. Odd again

5. History shows that Iowa State is a 10X better job than Penn St and that the Big 12 is the better conference traditionally.

All signs point to him not being happy as head coach here at Iowa State and that has to go back on the Athletic director. Cael even felt that Jamie took a couple shots at him in the press conference but he chose the high road and complimented Jamie.

I know it is easier to back the person who is currently at Iowa State but after 3 years of crap you have to realize that this is not a coincidence. It is a pattern and something has to chance
1. 10% pay increase, 300% increase in wrestling budget. Nicer facility.
2. No real competition for recruits and Pennsylvania generally produces the most All Americans.
3. See #1. He knows we can't match the budget Penn State is giving him and we're not building a new facility for him anytime soon.
4. See #2. Pennsylvania is a recruiting hotbed. Do those recruits go to Pitt to wrestler? Nope. Now those recruits can stay in state and go to Penn State.
5. You could very, very soon see this tide change. The Big XII with Iowa and Ohio State, and quite possible Penn State very soon, will be just as good if not better than the Big XII. Historically, Big XII is the best. However, very soon, recent history will indicate the Big 10 is better.

I appreciate how you keep ignoring some things Cael says, but try and read into other things. Make a ton of sense. :jimlad:

Reactions: isufan

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
It takes 2 to tango, but I do wonder what excuses will come out now that it seems more true that the contract was nowhere near $500k/yr.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Hmmm.... suspicious.... I hear Chiz took Auburn in a heartbeat for the same reason. He'd have considered remaining entrenched in Ames if it wasn't for our buddy Pollard.

Yeah, cuz I'm sure doubling his money hurt, his wife wanting to be back down South, and his dream job being Auburn. God some people are thick. He did what he thought was best for him and his family.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

4. Cael says that it is easier to recruit at Penn State than Iowa State even though Iowa State has had top 6 classes the last 3 years according to intermat and Penn State isn't in the top 30. Odd again

Great post 85. Can we now finally stop rationalizing Cael's departure with this "big $$$" myth? It's simply not true.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
2. No real competition for recruits and Pennsylvania generally produces the most All Americans.
3. See #1. He knows we can't match the budget Penn State is giving him and we're not building a new facility for him anytime soon.
4. See #2. Pennsylvania is a recruiting hotbed. Do those recruits go to Pitt to wrestler? Nope. Now those recruits can stay in state and go to Penn State.
5. You could very, very soon see this tide change. The Big XII with Iowa and Ohio State, and quite possible Penn State very soon, will be just as good if not better than the Big XII. Historically, Big XII is the best. However, very soon, recent history will indicate the Big 10 is better.

I appreciate how you keep ignoring some things Cael says, but try and read into other things. Make a ton of sense. :jimlad:

Name one thing I have ignored from Cael?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

You are ignoring the facts and putting spin on 'em. We've been conditioned to doing so at ISU, so it is understandable.

PSU may have a better budget and facilities - but that has not been yielding them much. ISU wrestling has smaller facilities and budget and in a worse recruiting area - but we're still ahead of PSU in all categories on the mat.

Dispute it!

Again, never once have I put all this on JP, but the more that is revealed about this, the worse it looks for ISU.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
I'm so confused why there are so many people out there bashing Pollard constantly, but President Geoffrey's name never ever get's brought up. Odd. It seems as though some people are so interested in hating a guy they don't even take the logical path to his boss. If Pollard truly is as bad as 1/2 of this site thinks why are people not calling for Geoffrey's head?

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
We get it, you hate Pollard. Why don't you start a website called FirePollardFanatic.

Actually if you have read in of my posts in the past couple years you know that I have been a big Pollard fan.

I even posted that I thought he was the best thing that has happened to Iowa State athletics.

I was wrong. I still think he does some good things for Iowa State but it is hard to ignore all that is wrong right now. You have to have the blinders on to ignore it.

Reactions: clonedog

CYvers

Apr 12, 2006

From Cael's blog - "Iowa State is lucky to have Jamie Pollard."

If you are going to trust what Cael says about his pay increase you might want to trust what he says about JP.

Reactions: cyclonewino

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Actually if you have read in of my posts in the past couple years you know that I have been a big Pollard fan.

I even posted that I thought he was the best thing that has happened to Iowa State athletics.

I was wrong. I still think he does some good things for Iowa State but it is hard to ignore all that is wrong right now. You have to have the blinders on to ignore it.
When has everything gone right for ISU? We have went to a bowl game and the elite 8 the same year once, EVER, and unfortunately, it happened recently enough for some to assume it happens all the time. It's the same as Iowa fans thinking their football team is a perrenial top ten team.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
From Cael's blog - "Iowa State is lucky to have Jamie Pollard."

If you are going to trust what Cael says about his pay increase you might want to trust what he says about JP.

Followed by "I think Jamie took some shots at me in the press conference"

I don't just read stuff that shines Iowa State in a positive light. I read the whole thing!!!!

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Followed by "I think Jamie took some shots at me in the press conference"

I don't just read stuff that shines Iowa State in a positive light. I read the whole thing!!!!

Actually you just post about the things that show JP in negative light. It's a double edged sword... you'll get it. You bash others for only posting positive things, yet lately all you have said is negative.

Reactions: CyDude16

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron