More cursed, Cubs or Cyclones?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jl112481

Jul 25, 2007
Franklin, WI
Let me know what you think. Are the Chicago Cubs or the Cyclones more cursed at this point in time? :jimlad:

*I can't figure out how to make it a poll with a multiple choice so you'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
We are, no doubt about it. Yeah, the Cubs can't win a world series, but they've put together some damn good seasons. We just suck all over the place.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Do people truly believe in curses? I guess I would think they were somewhat naive if they did.

I belive your results are typically a result of what you put in. People have made a lot of mistakes in both organizations that have caused them to be in the position they are in.

I'll also get pissed when i see people around here feeling sorry for them selves. Get over it people. Grow a pair and be a man.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
Cubs, they havent won a championship in over 100 years, we atleast have national championships in the last 100 years. National league titles can be compared to conference titles, but no overall for them...plus I hate the Cubs so they are at the bottom.

cyfreddy

Oct 15, 2006
Heck, I am not sure who is more cursed, the Cub or the Cyclones, but I sure am getting sick of it. It makes me wonder why I even like sports.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Let me know what you think. Are the Chicago Cubs or the Cyclones more cursed at this point in time? :jimlad:

*I can't figure out how to make it a poll with a multiple choice so you'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

At least the cubs aren't cursed with a shortage of fans, especially deep pocketed ones.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
This is how I see it:

We, plain and simple get the short end of the stick: not a lot of money, we do the best we can, show potential, then get kicked in the balls.

The Cubs have a lot of money, and they still find a way to suck at the end.

Cubs cursed, ISU screwed from the start.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Neither. Speaking soley for the Cubs, there are/is a myriad of reasons other than a "curse" that speak to why they haven't been to the World Series since 1945.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Neither. Speaking soley for the Cubs, there are/is a myriad of reasons other than a "curse" that speak to why they haven't been to the World Series since 1945.

Agreed. Stupid decisions cause bad luck. In ISU case, for example:

* Screwed John Cooper over. Cooper played football at Iowa State. Was brought to Iowa State as an assistant with the promise of taking over as head coach if and when Earle Bruce left. AD hired Donnie Duncan instead. ISU football program goes into the tank. Cooper goes on to replace Earle Bruce at Ohio State.

* Screwed Dan Gable over. Harold Nichols wanted to pass his legacy on to his long-time top assistant coach instead of Gable. Gable goes to Iowa and builds a dynasty.

* Screwed Walden over. Steve Lester, ISU's top receiver in 1989, had grade problems. Was told by one ISU administrator that if Lester took and passed a summer course, he could play in 1990. Lester took the course and passed only to be told that he still couldn't suit up in 1990. The move showed no support for ISU athletics or Walden.

ISU went 6-5 in 1989, won just four games in 1990. Lost to Minnesota by 4 points, to Iowa by 10.

Just a couple of examples. Some would lump letting McCarney go was a bad decision as well. I don't believe that. Had McCarney let some of his assistant coaches go that were dragging down the program, he would still be there.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
The Cubs are only cursed in one sport, ISU is cursed in multiple. Have to go with ISU on this one.

The only way that isu is cursed is because they dont have any fans er enough paying patrons and thus dont have enough money to keep up with the Jones'es er u of i of this world...

Welcome to Pollard World and have a nice stay!!!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Do people truly believe in curses? I guess I would think they were somewhat naive if they did.

I belive your results are typically a result of what you put in. People have made a lot of mistakes in both organizations that have caused them to be in the position they are in.

I'll also get pissed when i see people around here feeling sorry for them selves. Get over it people. Grow a pair and be a man.

I agree. People who truly believe in luck usually have none, and also have no real accurate picture of how good or bad they actually have it. They also develop the false sense that they can't change what is going wrong (in this case, that's true). Even if there was such a thing as luck, I would prefer to live my life assuming that I can change my course at any moment with my own actions.

simville02

Mar 25, 2009
"For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else." (Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Or maybe we should consider this...

"All of us have bad luck and good luck. The man who persists through the bad luck--who keeps right on going--is the man who is there when the good luck comes and is ready to receive it. (Robrt Collier)