Too much Kool-Aid for me?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I honestly think ISU can win six games in 2009 with the possibility of a seventh game.

NDSU, Army, Kent State, Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State are games I think ISU will win -- should have beat Colorado, Kansas and K-State last year.

I also see a strong chance of beating Iowa -- played them tough in their house last year.

Without beating up on me too much, why do people think I am drinking too much of the ISU Kool-Aid?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I honestly think ISU can win six games in 2009 with the possibility of a seventh game.

NDSU, Army, Kent State, Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State are games I think ISU will win -- should have beat Colorado, Kansas and K-State last year.

I also see a strong chance of beating Iowa -- played them tough in their house last year.

Without beating up on me too much, why do people think I am drinking too much of the ISU Kool-Aid?

Six wins is not out of the question. Marginal improvement on defense coupled with marginal improvement on offense equals a few more wins. I hope we can see it happen. I think we'll get 4 or 5 but I am getting very excited about Football.

anticyclonic

Mar 8, 2007
Lake Rathbun
The talent is there, in fact more wins is not out of the question with this favorable sched. HOWEVER, it is meaningless if the team is coached poorly. It is that simple.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant

Not too far off from what I was thinking. NDSU, Army, and Kent are all games that we should win. Iowa is a possibility also, since it is in Ames. We would have beat Colorado at their house last year, if not for crappy play calling. K-Sate is another possibility as they will be breaking in a new QB. I don't see us beating KU though, since it will be a road game for us. There is also a chance that we may pull a surprise, possibly Baylor at home or A&M on the road

All in all, I am guessing 5 wins, but 6 won't surpirse me (of course, neither would 4)

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
A win at Kansas? there's your koolaid.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I certainly don't expect it.

I can see your point on Kansas, but I don't think they are as formidable there are they are on the road.

But I asked for this abuse, so...:wink:

khess83

Jan 7, 2009
Beaverdale-Des Moines, IA
I do see 5-6 wins sitting out there on the schedule for next year. I hate to set myself up for disapointment though so all I will look for from the Spring game through the end of the season is improvement. We are still a young team with a new system. It should be fun to watch these guys grow!

Reactions: Cyrocks

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I don't see us beating KU though, since it will be a road game for us. There is also a chance that we may pull a surprise, possibly Baylor at home or A&M on the road QUOTE]

+1

IowaGuy

Sep 15, 2008

You haven't scored a TD against Iowa in over TWO GAMES. The field conditions were horrible slop last year, which anyone who knows football knows that favors the lesser team. You don't have much of a chance of beating Iowa this year, let alone a "strong" one. Iowa is coming off a 9 win season with a very young team, ISU is coming off 2 wins with a coaching staff change and new schemes to learn. Put the kool-aid down and think about it, how could any intelligent fan think you have a favorable chance of winning? Lets hear some actual thought behind this for once...

Iowa is a run-first offense with a vet o-line, ISU's biggest weakness is their d-line. That doesn't shake out well for you. ISU is a pass happy offense, Iowa had a top-10 pass D last year and gets back all but 1 of their backfiled. Do the math, then explain to me how ISU should win this game on paper or the field.

I love how ISU fans think they should win this game every year, regardless of the reality of the situation. I got nothing against the Clones, but please start showing some common sense whenit comes to beating the Hawks. You don't own us and never have.

Iowa 38 - ISU 10

Good luck, boys. :biggrin:

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
I love how ISU fans think they should win this game every year, regardless of the reality of the situation. I got nothing against the Clones, but please start showing some common sense whenit comes to beating the Hawks. You don't own us and never have.

Iowa 38 - ISU 10

Yep, it's not like we've won the game more recently or anything. Or the last time it was played at the Jack.:jimlad:

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
You haven't scored a TD against Iowa in over TWO GAMES. The field conditions were horrible slop last year, which anyone who knows football knows that favors the lesser team. You don't have much of a chance of beating Iowa this year, let alone a "strong" one. Iowa is coming off a 9 win season with a very young team, ISU is coming off 2 wins with a coaching staff change and new schemes to learn. Put the kool-aid down and think about it, how could any intelligent fan think you have a favorable chance of winning? Lets hear some actual thought behind this for once...

Iowa is a run-first offense with a vet o-line, ISU's biggest weakness is their d-line. That doesn't shake out well for you. ISU is a pass happy offense, Iowa had a top-10 pass D last year and gets back all but 1 of their backfiled. Do the math, then explain to me how ISU should win this game on paper or the field.

Iowa 38 - ISU 10

If we only score 10 points, we are going to be in a lot of trouble this football season.

However, if we score 10 points and Iowa scores less than 10 I'll be more than happy...but I don't see it happening.

I hope you guys do come in ranked and leave spanked

IowaGuy

Sep 15, 2008
If we only score 10 points, we are going to be in a lot of trouble this football season.

However, if we score 10 points and Iowa scores less than 10 I'll be more than happy...but I don't see it happening.

I hope you guys do come in ranked and leave spanked

If just one of you ISU fans could come down to reality, you would realize you will be facing one of the best defenses in the nation and early in your season while using a new system. 10 points is entirely possible and more so, likely. Please try to remember you only average 10 points over the last 2 games, what facts lead you to believe that you will put up more against the best D Iowa has had in years?

Like I said, got nothing against you guys just show me some logic and reasoning... don't just run around claiming you will beat Iowa without offering any insight.

I've looked at your schedule and I think you could indeed win 6 games, but I doubt very highly that Iowa will be one of them.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny

Iowa 38 - ISU 10

I love how Iowa fans think they deserve to win this game every year, regardless of the reality of the situation. I got nothing against the Hawks:jimlad:, but please start showing some common sense when it comes to beating the Clones. You haven't owned us for several years.

Honestly, this game recently has come down to home field advantage. If you haven't realized this by now, you have blinders on.

Cycloin

Feb 5, 2009
Johnston
If just one of you ISU fans could come down to reality, you would realize you will be facing one of the best defenses in the nation and early in your season while using a new system. 10 points is entirely possible and more so, likely. Please try to remember you only average 10 points over the last 2 games, what facts lead you to believe that you will put up more against the best D Iowa has had in years?

Like I said, got nothing against you guys just show me some logic and reasoning... don't just run around claiming you will beat Iowa without offering any insight.

I've looked at your schedule and I think you could indeed win 6 games, but I doubt very highly that Iowa will be one of them.

You know, I've always heard that the view at the top of your nose is beautiful. Any chance you have a 3 bedroom condo up there the family and I can rent for a week? We are thinking about vacationing in late July. Thank you in advance for sending me a brochure, and considering my inquiry.

IowaGuy

Sep 15, 2008
Yep, it's not like we've won the game more recently or anything. Or the last time it was played at the Jack.:jimlad:

So THAT is your argument for why you will beat Iowa this year? That's pretty sad.

4 of the last 6 won by Iowa, soon to be 5 of the last 7. You're luck has ran out my friends.