Cartoons for kids AND adults

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
If you're like me, you watch some of what your kids are watching...is there anything you enjoy watching that's geared toward kids? I know there's the standbys like Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes, but anything else that's new and palatable as an adult?

I have gotten hooked on Disney's "Phineas and Ferb". And of course, I still like Spongebob.

You?

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
When it was on, we always watched Kim Possible together as a family.

iCarly and the Penguins of Madagascar now...

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
I've watched more Dora and Diego than I care to count, their not bad but definitely old by now. I've actually caught pieces of Phineas and Ferb, that's the one with the mad scientist guy and the penguin or whatever right? That's pretty funny. I can't handle Spongebob.

The Disney morning cartoons are fairly decent. Handy Manny, a new one called Special Agent Oso, Sid the Science Kid, all watchable. I watch more cartoons than anything else by a long shot.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I watched Avatar with my niece and nephew a year or two ago and I didn't get totally into it but I think I would have loved that show when I was a kid.

They are making a live action trilogy based on it though, which I will definitely see.

I've watched more Dora and Diego than I care to count, their not bad but definitely old by now.

Backpack, backpack!

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I've watched more Dora and Diego than I care to count, their not bad but definitely old by now. I've actually caught pieces of Phineas and Ferb, that's the one with the mad scientist guy and the penguin or whatever right? That's pretty funny. I can't handle Spongebob.

The Disney morning cartoons are fairly decent. Handy Manny, a new one called Special Agent Oso, Sid the Science Kid, all watchable. I watch more cartoons than anything else by a long shot.

My kids are a bit older, but I've been through the Dora/Diego stage.

Yep, you're right on the Phineas and Ferb stuff, except it's a pet platypus. It's a weird show, but that's what's funny.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I've watched more Dora

I remember those days.:no:

Thankfully my kids enjoy Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch and Top Gear besides cartoons.:yes:

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
My 2 year old loves Blue's Clues and Handy Manny. I'll watch the older BCs with Steve but I can't stand the newer ones with "Joe".

Steve>>>Joe, for sure!

Did you know that Steve put out an indie rock album after quitting the show? I have it, it's pretty good...seriously.

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
I'm a backpack loaded up with things and knicknacks too.

Yep, you're right on the Phineas and Ferb stuff, except it's a pet platypus. It's a weird show, but that's what's funny.
Yeah that's it, I love that scientist guy, hilarious.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
As someone who is planning to have kids in the next 2-3 years, I am glad that there are still some cartoons that are palatable. I was beginning to think that most modern cartoons could not hold a candle to the cartoons I watched growing up. I am sure there will still be a few days when I have to pop in the DVD of Transformers - Season One from 1984, though. :yes:

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
For the record, Phineas and Ferb has a awesome theme song, by Bowling for Soup. The songs in the episodes are great, too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoFERECnYno]YouTube - Phineas and Ferb opening[/ame]

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Face it, our cartoons were alot more cool than todays. Spongebob is funny and entertaining most of the time. Alot is to be said about the movie industry making money off of the 80s cartoons though.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Jimmy Neutron....Sheen is hilarious. Also, Spongebob at times. Johnny Bravo is the coolest.

Jimmy and Danny Phantom were great. Too bad they stopped production of them. Not a fan of Sponge Bob and nor a huge fan of Fairy Odd Parents either.

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
I recently fired up Hulu looking to see if they had cartoons for my son to watch thinking we could maybe get the TV occasionally. He fell in love with Casper, loves it. Old school Casper, as I watch it I know he doesn't get a lot of it, but he still loves it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron