How do you feel about your baseball team one week into the season?

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
With 4-5 games in the books in the season, how do you feel your team is performing? or under-performing? It is early to tell in many cases but some problems have already come up this early in the season.

Cyclone2424

Feb 8, 2009
Very impressed by KC's starting pitching... not so impressed by the offensive production... havent score over 2 runs yet

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Honestly, no worries. To me, I take the baseball season a month at a time. There are so many games that it's really pointless to be worried at this point.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I know it's early, but I'm very happy. I'm a Rockies fan and they are off to a 3-1 start and in yesterday's home opener they roughed up Cole Hamels and the defending champs Philly.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Very impressed by KC's starting pitching... not so impressed by the offensive production... havent score over 2 runs yet

Agreed, but we knew offense was going to be the problem.

Pitching started out incredibly hot last year too but then they hit that 20 game losing streak or whatever when the bats weren't working and the pitching was struggling. I think their bullpen will be better this year though.

I'm hoping for a .500 season.

wags

Dec 13, 2008
DSM
braves offense has been pretty good so far..really impressed by jordan schafer..relief pitching is the biggest worry this year...lights out one night and give up 8 runs the next day..

loki8838

Nov 27, 2006
I would give the Twins a B+ grade so far. 3-2 record with the two losses coming to Felix Hernandez who dominated the Twins in the opener, and Jarrod Washburn.

Starting pitching has been okay, and if Baker comes back at 100% that aspect of the team should be solid. The bullpen is the biggest weakness on paper entering the season, and really hasn't shown anything (good or bad) thus far.

The key to another division championship is going to be production from Crede and Cuddyer. Morneau looks great so far, and when Mauer returns the Twins will have a very nice lineup.

It sure was nice to see Crede hit a homerun in his first at-bat back in Chicago.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
The Cubs cost have beaten themselves in the 2 games they've lost. Ramirez getting thrown at second in the 2nd game; he would have ended up scoring if he had just stayed at first. Cubs lose by one.

Yesterday, Theriot makes a throwing error that cost the Cubs an unearned run in the 1st...Cubs lose by one.

I think Gregg walks too many people, and that Lou will put Marmol in the closers spot eventually.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The Cubs cost have beaten themselves in the 2 games they've lost. Ramirez getting thrown at second in the 2nd game; he would have ended up scoring if he had just stayed at first. Cubs lose by one.

Yesterday, Theriot makes a throwing error that cost the Cubs an unearned run in the 1st...Cubs lose by one.

I think Gregg walks too many people, and that Lou will put Marmol in the closers spot eventually.

I'm a Cubs fan.

I don't feel good until they're 10 up with 9 to go.

I agree with both of these posts. Even though we've put together a couple of good seasons, we still find ways (especially early in the season) to throw a couple of games away here and there.

Gregg's stuff looks nasty when it's working, but then he'll hang one or walk somebody, and everything gets crazy.

Help Support Us

Become a patron