Texas A&M beat Iowa State 35-10 on Saturday afternoon in Big 12 Conference football action.
Here are some notes that I took while looking over the stat sheet.
– Texas A&M quarterback Jerrod Johnson was 23-for-28 for 234 yards and three touchdowns against the Cyclones. That’s just more evidence that Iowa State isn’t getting enough pressure on the quarterback.
– Texas A&M ran 77 offensive plays compard to Iowa State’s 61. The Aggies averaged 6.5 yards per play on offense.
– Texas A&M outgained Iowa State 501 to 324 as far as total yards go. In the loss, the Cyclones were pretty balanced offensively. Iowa State passed for 155 yards while rushing for 169.
– Iowa State quarterback Jerome Tiller struggled against the Aggies. Tiller went 18-for-27 while throwing two interceptions.
– Freshman Josh Lenz is quickly becoming one of Iowa State’s most reliable wide receivers. Lenz led the Cyclones in receiving on Saturday by catching seven passes for 63 yards. Darius Darks caught four passes for 65 yards. Derrick Catlett had four receptions for only 19 yards. Marquis Hamilton had two receptions while Sedrick Johnson had only one.
– Many Cyclone fans were happy to finally get a look (or listen) at Johnny “Bo” Williams. Williams came in late in the football game to break open a 44-yard run. He ended with two carries for 50 yards.