ZERO disappointment

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by demoncore1031, Mar 17, 2012.

1. demoncore1031

demoncore1031 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2008
    Musician
    Albuquerque,NM
    We hung with the best team in the nation tonight for a while. If we would have been hitting our 3s, then this game could have come down to the wire. I'm not disappointed with the loss at all. We were supposed to finish down at the bottom of the Big 12 this yeat. Instead, we knock off 2 top 10 teams, finish 3rd in the conference and make the NCAA Tourney. What a great season!! Looking forwatd to next year.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CyBer

CyBer Guest

LOVE THIS TEAM!

3. Clonefan94

Clonefan94 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Male
    Graphic Designer
    Schaumburg, IL
    Agree 100%!

4. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    Next year has a tough act to follow. That is exactly how it should be.

5. huntt26

huntt26 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Instructional Technology
    po' dUnk
    I am just disappointed we won't get to watch this team anymore :(

6. acgclone

acgclone Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2007
    No I'm extremely happy with this season, even though I feel we could have beaten many of the remaining teams. We played a VERY good Kentucky team. I'd be surprised if they lose this tourney.

We went from worst to 3rd in the conference and an NCAA appearance. For a coach that's been at the helm for a total of 66 games (at any level) and how big of hole we were in 2 years ago from a talent/depth standpoint, this season was a dream come true.

7. clone4lyfe

clone4lyfe Active Member

May 21, 2008
    RE Accountant
    West Des Moines
    Agreed! Just watched the postgame locker room speach and Fred said it perfectly... Keep your heads up and be proud of what you accomplished this year. Was definitely a memorable season and the start of something special in Ames! I'm glad to have witnessed it and am extremely excited for the future.

8. CyCrazy

CyCrazy Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Male
    Asst. Super.
    Roland
    I have zero disappointment in this years team it was a great ride.

9. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Yeah, no disappointment here. We drew about as tough a draw as we could have, and laid a fine beating on the defending national champs before catching the eventual national champs on a hot night.

Very proud of my team, and I'm just jacked up that this is the start of an era.

10. cymaniac17

cymaniac17 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Parts Unknown
    Same here... I loved this team. I almost cried because the season is now over... I'm In a very bad mood, and I'm also drunk. I just hope royce stays. I will miss scotty and even allen even tho I was dissapointed with him most of the year. I think we will be even better next year but I'm sad this year is over.... BUT GREAT SEASON!!!

11. azepp

azepp Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Ankeny
    The only game this year that bothers me is the third Texas game. Outside of that, this team exceeded all of my expectations. Can't get too beat up about losing to Kentucky in the big dance.

12. SC Cy

SC Cy Well-Known Member

The only thing I'm disappointed in is Kentucky hit 135% of their threes with a hand in their face. Wow!

A great, fun season for Iowa State basketball fans. Is it next season yet?!? PROUD!

13. cyclonepower

cyclonepower Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2006
    WDM
    Only dissappointing thing was choosing our worst 3 pt shooting night of the year

14. alarson

alarson Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Male
    Advertising sales
    Ankeny
    Indeed. That's the feeling i come away with most after this game.

15. CycoCyclone

CycoCyclone Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Male
    Business Analyst
    Urbandale
    They played with confidence and authority

16. CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    This made me think of Chris Allen and that dunk over the Unibrow.

17. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Saw this tweet from Anthony Booker and wrote a response.

Anthony Booker ‏ @booker22 IM SORRY

Sounds like I wasn't alone in making sure Anthony knew how proud we are of him and the team

Anthony Booker ‏ @booker22
    Thank you to the best fan base I've ever been apart of...Gonna rest up and get back to work soon. You all are amazing!!! See you next season

18. shagcarpetjesus

shagcarpetjesus Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    No reason to be disappointed at all. We had probably our worst shooting night of the season and Kentucky couldn't miss in the second half. Our guys never gave up and went toe-to-toe with a ridiculously talented team never backing down. I love these guys and couldn't be prouder.

19. GoSTATE71

GoSTATE71 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2008
    I loved this team. I criticized them so hard time to time, but thats because i got used to winning. Thats weird to think about huh. We only lost what 3-4 games in a 2 month span or something like that (don't wanna look it up). There wasn't one game i didn't think we'd win and even the games we lost we were 100% competitive in. The score doesn't indicate how hard are guys fought tonight. This year was great, can't wait for next year. Im planning on getting season tickets if theres any available.

20. CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    This will sound snarky, but I mean it sincerely: Good luck with that last part. It's going to be a tough ticket.