You have to admit that

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by Knownothing, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Knownothing

Knownothing Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    it's funny that Steve Alford is putting togeather a better 2007 class at New Mexico than he did at Iowa. Darrington Hobson commited to NM yesterday.

Here is his profile

Darrington Hobson - Basketball Recruiting

2. ripvdub

ripvdub Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Sk-Ankeny
    Almost every single recruit was practically wearing black and gold a few months ago. Now all of a sudden they cant wait to play in the Pit, which would also be a good name for Carver Hawkeye Arena.

3. bcr4isu

bcr4isu Member

Oct 17, 2006
    Good ol' Stevie...wil never stop doing favors for us..lol.

4. Oldgeezer

Oldgeezer Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Waukon, Iowa
    You're sure these guys are as good as they keep telling you? Why hasn't someone signed them before now? I think it is interesting to note that every recruit Stevie has added is following an assistant coach that he has brought in. That only works one time, and then you either have to fire the assistant or try another tactic. Meanwhile, down in Iowa City, the new coach told his Butler recruits to honor their commitment to Butler, just as GMcD told his UNI recruits when he came to Ames. It's going to be a lot harder to hate the Hawkeyes with Lickliter and Ferenz on board.

5. isucyfan

isucyfan Speechless

Apr 21, 2006
    Dad/Student
    Saint Paul, MN
    I agree. My hope is that the fear that came about when McDermott came aboard concerning not being able to recruit comes true with Lickliter. He seems to be a good coach, but only has 6 years HC experience and took over Matta's recruits, right?

6. SeattleClone

SeattleClone Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2006
    I'm sure the hawk fans will take care of that.

7. CLONE2THEBONE

CLONE2THEBONE Active Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Hobson is an academic risk from what I understand and may not be fully qualified.
    There's a reason he has only 1 legitimate offer in Okie State and then Baylor and Pepperdine.

It doesn't matter if Alford has the best recruits in the country, he'll still fail. That's what bad coaches do.

I don't think it'll be too long before Craig Neal gets New Mexico in some hot water. He drips slimeball.

8. herbiedoobie

herbiedoobie Active Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Military Training Scenario Writer
    Germany
    Alford will quit attracting the top rate recruits, once they figure out he will be "de-developing" them. Steve Alford: Every player he's ever coached has been a worse player after having played for him.

9. cyclonenum1

cyclonenum1 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Speak for yourself, my friend!! My hatred is not based upon their coach!!